COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 31 aka Easter Sunday

It's been the Easter that you make of it.

Folks I know are getting by with videos instead of hugs from relatives and friends. (Including me! Was good to see mom and dad's faces and hear their voices!)

Meals are made at each house instead of together in a large crowd.
Church services are online with each person at their own house, through the magic of technology, we hear the voices together. We are resourceful.

I pray for all of us. That we all get through this and get to some kind of new normal. That we can feel comfortable again.

In our house, we had a Lebanese feast, with lamb stuffed grape leaves, lentils and rice, holiday braid (egg bread with poppy seeds), and pita bread. And baklava for dessert.

grape leaves

lentils and rice, holiday bread, pita bread


baklava
What are you going to do differently when we go back to the new normal?
I know for one I will be working a couple days from home. I've found over the weeks here that I handle things better when I have time to read, garden, and clean the house (groan). If I neglect the meditation time of reading and gardening, I get pretty wound up.
When I neglect cleaning the house, well... it stays dirty. Which is also stress inducing.

If I work from home that saves me 40 minutes of driving and an extra hour on school nights
That could be time spent weeding or harvesting veggies that I'm attempting to grow.

A patch of a few hours on a weekend sitting in my living room reading does wonders for the soul.

I now have an electric car, so that will be different. I'll need to plug in at the office.

Will I change my grocery store habits? The jury is still out.
When I have the luxury of buying whatever I need whenever I need it, I tend to only think about the recipe in front of me. Lately I've had to look more at the ingredients I can get my hands on and try to figure out what to make.

The kids will be changed.
My daughter will not get to say goodbye to her friends in the halls, she will graduate, but we dont even know yet if there will be a graduation ceremony. Or a prom. I feel like she's being cheated out of the experience. And too, she's missing valuable time with her boyfriend. I feel awful about it. He's a good guy.

My son is missing his favorite activity, working on cars through the church group. He's also not going back to his middle school as next year he becomes a high schooler. He's not really broken up about that part.

I wish I could give that back to them. But life had other plans.
They are handling it with grace.

My hubby will go back to the office, even if given the opportunity to work from home.
I think he's looking to get back to as normal as possible after this is all over.

I'll be sure to look up friends and have some get togethers. And I'll come bearing gifts.

Meantime,
Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!