COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 37

Since it was nice out today, after Zoom Tai Chi, I took the potato outside and planted him in a different pot. I left him outside since its nice tonight.

Then I decided that today was a good day to put the soil in my raised bed.
I looked for some newspaper to put down, so the weeds wouldnt come up so soon. But I didnt have any. What we did have was my old recipes pasted on old papers that were drawings on the opposite side.

It looks weird but I bet it works.



I put in 3 bags in each side but it only filled up half way. So I'll need to get some more at some point. It can wait a couple weeks.

I'm exhausted. I got all the creeping virginia cut down, too, and pruned my trees in the backyard (the ones I could reach!)

Even if we don't get to go plant shopping this year, I'm having fun trying out different veggies from scraps. Today I planted a clove of garlic and put romain stems in water.

Here's hoping!

Tonight for dinner I made spaghetti, but because I couldnt get Prego, I had Ragu instead. It was okay, I added some sugar to it. And I made salad with a homemade tahini dressing. It was pretty good ,but I dont' think I'll be bottling and selling it haha. And then I left the garlic knots in too long so they were a little dried out and a bit too dark.

If you want a piece of advice, don't cook when you're this tired. :)

Stay safe, sane, and healthy, friends.
Vicky


Comments

  1. 1) Very impressed with the raised boxes for...potato (?) or cuttings (?)
    b) you put your children's artwork as the foundation?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Yes if the potato survives until May 29, it goes in the raised bed. Anything needing long legs (roots). The artwork is mine actually haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!