COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 43

Have any of you ever owned skinny jeans? You know the ones that are made with so much elastic or spandex that you end up with itchy restless legs by the end of the day? And yet, you end up pulling up your pants every 15 minutes? Why? Who invented these torturous pants?!


These are for sure not for me.
I need new jeans.
One thing I have to watch is just ordering stuff online all the time to fix my problems, but hear me out on this:

Before the isolation, I typically had two ways of dressing; business casual for work, which was 5 days a week, and then either martial arts pants or jeans or sweats/yoga pants on the weekends.
And my only jeans were those awful skinny jeans.

Now that there is no reason to wear business casual, I'm left with a weekends worth of clothes for the week. The entire 7 day week. See the problem?

For the foreseeable future, my job will be done from home.
The new normal, at some point in the future - Summer? Fall? - will probably be something more like this:

Business at the Office casual  -  when I go back to office, 3 days a week
Business at Home casual - Jeans, nice shirt - when WFH,  2 days a week
Casual Weekend - jeans if going out, sweats/yoga pants/martial arts pants and tee shirts at home - weekends

So I went to Amazon and found what I think are the right fit. I searched for a couple days, and found these: LEE Women’s Instantly Slims Classic Relaxed Fit Monroe Straight Leg . The colors aren't like blue, black, white. They are like Seattle, Heritage, and Horizon. I picked Seattle, which is blue.

If these work, then I will get a couple more pairs and have enough for the week. If not, back they go.

They come in around May 2nd, which gives me a week to make sure the size I am, I really actually am. If you know what I mean. A month's worth of wearing sweats and eating with abandon, I'm not so sure.

I'm trying something.
I don't want to admit this, but when I was younger I had a bad habit of picking my arms. I have dermatitis which can cause pimples on your arms and legs.  It was embarrassing. And I had a hard time stopping, much like my current problem of overeating at night.

I got over the problem when I was younger by putting Noxzema on my arms, going to my room and reading a book. It not only helped me feel like I was healing the sores but it also helped me not be able to pick at them anymore. And reading the book kept my mind on something else.

How could I apply this to my over-eating?
There are a few things that are different. One is that to spend time with my family, I need to be in the family room. Reading would be impossible because the TV is always on and someone is always talking. Another is I can't just go to my room, or they come find me and ask what's wrong.

The root cause many times is that I'm tired and I'm trying to do something fun like binge watch a show, without falling asleep. So if you eat, you stay awake.
So I'm giving myself a bed time of 11pm.

Another problem is that it is a habit of eating while I watch my shows on Netflix. Sometimes I just have this need to chew on something. I'm not actually hungry.

Having a bit of TMJ, I am not supposed to chew gum, but we do have some Jolly Ranchers. Watermelon is my favorite. If I suck on those, while drinking something non-caffeinated, I bet I could break the habit.

Knowing that they are mostly sugar, I will need to add the good habit of brushing/flossing after, which I should've been doing anyway.

So I'm going to give this a week, and see how things look May 2nd. I'll let you know if it works.

These are the kinds of things I think about when I'm on my lunch hour cruising Facebook.

There are some crazy things on FB, like, today I saw a video of a goose attacking this poor lady. Someone pulled up their car and she got in, but the goose followed her. she had to punt out the goose. I heard that you don't run from a goose. So I got to thinking, Okay, but what DO you do?  So I looked it up.

Apparently you need to stare down the goose and dont turn your back on them.
Slowly back away staring down this goose. But dont act hostile, remain neutral. And if the goose flies toward your face, you move away at a 90 degree angle.
I even found a flyer about it:
 http://www.ohiogeesecontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/GooseAttack.pdf
So, ya know, be safe out there.

Also stay sane and healthy!
Vicky





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!