COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 46

Last night I was dreaming about making purple pop rocks, and was very excited about it. I
could not wait to wake up and talk about it in my blog, in my dream! By the time I was awake, I had no idea why I was so excited. And when I pictured the purple pop rocks they were purple nerds.

I looked it up of course.
Turns out you can make pop rocks, there is a recipe, but there is not a complete recipe for nerds candy out there. Just some flavor formulas that are partially complete. Weird. It's almost like my brain knew that.

And this would be the first vivid dream I've had since isolation, in case you're wondering.

Today was seedling transplant day.
The tomatoes were just about climbing out of their seed beds, so I planted them in their own cozy cow pots.
I couldn't figure out where to put the pots, since they were biodegradable and had holes in the bottom. Luckily I'd been saving hubby's water jugs, so I cut them in half and used the normally useless bottom halves to hold the cow pots.

Here is a picture of my sad little tomatoes. Don't worry, a few hours later they are happy tomato plants. If they all make it I may have to use the entire raised bed to hold them all!
I think my tomatoes are toddlers now?

Here, too, is a picture of my other seedlings. The carrots are a hopeless tangled mess (see the green blob in the center). I'm not sure what to do about them just yet. Maybe when they get big enough I can pull them out and detangle them?

bad hair day


I see my green pepper plant peeking out for the first time today, so that's exciting. Overachiever garlic is about 5 inches tall already. He's going to be a candidate for a bigger pot soon.

The fragrant yellow frilly tulips I got for Easter are now resting in the back yard garden just off the patio. In digging up the holes, I found a soccer ball sized rock, so that's drying out now and will grace the garden somewhere. Bonus!

I then pulled out all the heart shaped fuzzy sticky weeds ( cant find a name for it ) from the back garden with iris and roses and some kind of lily and once done, left because my back just wasnt having it. I wasn't about to mess around with it again after yesterday.

So then back inside, after dinner, I decided the next bread was sourdough. I apologize in advance because this is going to get boring for you. It takes a WEEK before you can even use it and another DAY to actually create bread.

We can have a contest though. If you want to play, send me your ideas for a name. Apparently you are supposed to name the starter once it's "born". I have no idea. Sally starter? Winnie white flour? George Graboske?
Send me your ideas. I'm not sure I should be in charge of this.

Here is a picture.
he or she who shall not remain nameless

Thanks to my neighbor who gave me a glass jar of pickled red peppers (no it wasnt a peck) I had a place to keep the starter. The lid is open so that the wild yeasts in the air shall come and become part of the starter. We are hoping for bubbles by tomorrow but if not we continue to feed the starter until it starts to bubble. 

During our daily meeting with the new boss, he sent us a volunteer opportunity to make masks. When I read that my heart jumped a little. Because while we would wear protective masks and suits and things, I am really afraid of it. In fact the more PPE required the less I want to be there. I hope you don't find me un-American. I swear with all the news and social media warnings, I have some serious fears brewing bordering on agoraphobia. Total anxiety about it. 

I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of what it will take, if I got sick, to live. 
I have a friend that has had it. In fact I have a few friends who have had it. And friends of friends. 
It sounds anywhere from unpleasant to downright fight for your life nightmarish. 
No thank you. I'd rather keep morphing into a total introvert and not be sick. Work in my gardens. Bake. Gain the COVID 19lbs. Is anyone else feeling this?

Speaking of which, the diet I talked about a few days ago worked for one day. Then snacks began to call me. 
Today I tried on my jeans (the pair I already had) and they fit, but I couldnt wear them all day. OH no. 
That means I went up a size. 
This won't do. 
So today I abstained from dessert and am drinking my water. 
I think I'm going to have to keep weighing in every day and writing down every thing I eat if this is going to work. 
What a lot of work that will be. But yeah, what else have I got to do?

Stay safe, sane, and healthy my friends. 
Drop me a line about the sourdough starter, what we should name it. 
or just say hi. 

Vicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!