COVID-29 Virus Shutdown, Day 27



Do you know what day it is?
Is your "bedtime" sliding into the wee hours of the next morning?
What about weekends, are they somehow different than weekdays? What about Easter?
Here is an article I found that talks about how not being structured (as many are now at least partially less structured) affects us as humans. 


Why Is 'Wednesday' Spelled Like That? | Mental Floss
Today is Wednesday

Are you a planner or a spontaneous person?
I think I am a planner with a rebellious streak. So I will plan out my whole day and then devise ways to get around the rules.

What I have to do to get around the rebel is to do what I call Plan and Flex.

Plan out what I'm going to do, to appease the planner in me. But then be flexible in moving that stuff around to appease the rebel in me.

Plan to eat oatmeal 3x a week? Write it out as Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And then be flexible when on Tuesday you really want oatmeal. Be ready to swap it out for a bagel on Wednesday.

Most spontaneous people don't trust you when you come at them with a plan, they feel like you can't be flexible about it. I'm still trying to train the family on this one.

So the planner in me woke up this morning and thought... what day is it? How would I know? Like I said before, we need markers in our lives.

I sat down and wrote out what colors I would wear on which days, to help mark the days. Starting with Monday, Red, Orange, Yellow, Dress up, Blue, Black, Purple. (Dress up day is also thursday which was Thai Thursday/Tie Thursday/Dress Thursday... its in a previous blog somewhere...)
Shirt and
Breakfast / Lunch chart
Immediately my rebel brain said, well when will you wear Pink? or White? So I modified them to say Sunday is Purple or Pink, Saturday is Black or White, etc.

 I'm wearing yellow today. Planner me won.
Ta da! Yellow Shirt

So, tomorrow is the last work day for us until next week Tuesday for the Easter Holiday.
I've been craving Lebanese food ever since I found the ground lamb at the grocery store.

I wanted to build a meal and a tradition around that, being part Lebanese, so I looked up Lebanese toast. I know if we were doing Italian food, we could say SALUT! But what do they say in Lebanon?

There were several variations, but Keeskon is a toast that you do while raising a glass to the people at the table. Think of it like "Cheers!" and raise your glass.
I hope I remember the word when the time comes.

Since I had success getting grape leaves and phyllo dough and even some brazilian cheese rolls at the International Foods store through Mercato,I thought I'd get some meat too, so I was able to stay home longer between grocery store trips. So I ordered some leg quarters and a whole chicken.

The funniest thing, this chicken was itty bitty.
I took a picture with a regular sized fork so you can see it. It actually said whole chicken, and indeed it is intact, a whole chicken, just little. 😁
Mini Chickie

I'm sure I will find a day when only the hubby and I eat and we can just split the chickie.
Meantime, off she goes into the freezer.

Well, that's all the news that's fit to print!

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!