COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 40

There was a day 39, I just filled my day so much that I didn't have time to blog. I'm sure you're fine with the break, right?

Yesterday:
I went online to get my dog some nail clippers. He was doing the ice skating, four legs criss crossing routine as he headed across the kitchen floor, so I knew I couldn't wait til the groomers were back. I had to cut his nails myself.

So, flashback to my son being a baby, I was cutting his tiny nails with an impossibly small nail clipper, and I clipped his skin on one of them. Total trauma for me and him. We both cried. You can imagine I didn't want to repeat THAT experience!!

I went in to the Petco store, not because I didnt want to wait in my car. It was the dragon's fault, really. He needed crickets. And the only way to order them online was to have 250 crickets sent to my house. Uh.... no. I'm not harboring that many crickets!

By going in, I could get 30 larges and 30 mediums, throw the crickets in the tanks, and 10 days later they are eaten. (The leopard gecko heard we were getting take-out, and well ya know he wanted some too).

I got flea and tick medicine too - neither the cat nor the dog were thrilled with me.
But they would not be miserable without it. The cat stared at me like I sprayed him with skunk funk.

Anyway, I wore my mask for the first time. Hubby got it for me.
It was made in Brazil, which i'm happy about. I had a few friends in Brazil when they closed plants outside the U.S. so I"m happy to help their economy, even if its a little bit.

Not smiling

Smiling

I took a couple of pictures to see if you can tell the difference if I smile or not.
I think so. :) I can tell.

It's cool and I am all for being safer, but I did have some trouble breathing through it. It's HOT too.
It feels like when you put your tee shirt over your face, or when you try to sleep under the covers.
I will still use it though. It didnt kill me or anything.

Still, I think I'll try not to venture out to the stores at all if I can help it.

Today:
I've got apple crisp and apple pie in the oven.
I did a little panic shopping a couple weeks ago. Got a couple bags of apples and a big bag of oranges. That's all I over bought, actually. And I don't know why. We don't eat THAT much fruit, I found out.

With the oranges, I juiced a bunch of them, while son juiced the lemons. We made lemonade and fresh squeezed orange juice. Pretty awesome together actually.

But I still had apples left over, so thus the pie and crisp.
It smells really good in here :)

We had takeout today and it was awesome. I was having some bad bad feelings lately from making mistakes every time I made dinner (burned stuff, made stuff that didn't taste great). I'm like my grandma, I get too wound up about people liking my cooking. I knew it back then when I was a kid. I can't believe sometimes that I turned out just like her. I just needed  a break from feeling like a failure. I know its just food and i'm overreacting.

But then sometimes I'm kinda glad about being like her. She just loved to cook and wanted you to love what she made for you. It was her expression of love. I get that.

I got some good news today. My friend who had COVID-19 and her boyfriend was on the ventilator with it, let me know today they were on the mend. Her fever finally broke and her boyfriend was off the vent and doing better too. I'm really relieved.

I wish the same good luck to you, that whatever your worry is today is resolved.

Stay safe, sane, and healthy, my friends.
Vicky






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!