COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 21

3 weeks in, and the routine is settling. However, am I living my best life?

I woke up thinking about it. I always said if I had more time, I would get more flexible for my martial arts classes. I would lose 20#. I would get stronger physically.  I would learn to deal with the crazy things in life and let them slide off my back like water off a duck.

How am I doing on that?

Sometimes I do well. I eat well at least for the first half of the day, i walk the dog. Other days I eat croissants and brownies in the same day.

Today I was greeted with a dead coffee maker. I went into deal with crazy things mode and looked up how to make coffee on the stove in a pot.
In case you're interested here are the steps:

Bring coffee grounds and water to a boil

Boil 2 mins

Take off heat
Let steep 4 mins
Pour coffee through filter/strainer on top of carafe.

Clean up grounds in pot


Enjoy!

On the gardening front, we have seedling babies!


Before dinner, but after work I was restless. It was so warm out!
So I cleaned up the front yard garden. Just as our city was taking the garbage, recycling, and yard waste (thankyou!) I was filling up another bag of yard waste.
I got the whole 24 feet done this time. And I was able to prune the japanese maple and a pretty fuschia pink rose that I just love. My old craggy vine rose that sits in a huff in the corner of the yard was covered in weeds. She just attracts weeds to her very thorny hide. So I need to pluck her clean every spring.
I noticed that the grass stopped growing where I had giant tomato plants last year. I gotta watch that this time.

The backyard is still a lake, but I was able to take the silver maple branches that fell during the last few windy days up to the tree surround. That's as far as I could go without getting soaked. So glad I cleaned up the doggie doo before it rained. That would've been gross.

At that point I decided I wanted to sit and actually enjoy my crocus and budding hyacinth so  I went and got the chairs. I brought out the dog, who promptly peed twice and pooped in my garden. Sigh.
Once I got that cleaned up, he started licking the remaining rotted pumpkin in the garden.
Annoyed, I tied him up closer, away from the garden.
At that point he stalked a robin. And I was getting cold. So we went inside after that.


Dinner was very large scallops from Fresh Approach, risotto using my own homemade chicken stock, and a zucchini - tomatoes in chicken stock, garlic and celery salt and a smidge of butter.
It was so pretty and yummy.

And yet, the kids had Mac and Cheese. Because, Teenagers.

Hope you're staying safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!