COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 34

I bought some dirt, but it won't be ready until tomorrow.
Turns out since Home Depot is essential, we were allowed to buy the dirt for my raised bed and go get the bags tomorrow some time.
If all that's true, I get to go play in the dirt tomorrow!

Well ya know, just dump the dirt into the cedar raised bed I got. It's not like we get to plant yet. But every step brings hope. My seedlings are now 4 inches tall and waiting patiently for their real grow light instead of the incandescent bulb they have now.
Well, the potato is getting impatient.

A few things happened today.
My friend's boyfriend who was on a ventilator with COVID was taken off it and is out of ICU. You dont realize youre holding your breath until you hear that kind of news. Thankful. Sadly they are both still sick. I'll keep praying.

Also my daughter's high school just said starting Monday they have scheduled school again with grading and everything. She's not thrilled but I'm glad she will have real graded credits to finish with. (You probably figured its on line, yes, but I should acknowledge that just in case  - it's a crazy world out there and you just never know what someone is going to think).
I wondered why she was taking it so well, until I mentioned that actual online classes were commencing in the morning.... and then it sunk in. She hadn't read the attachment.
She is now creating a classroom in her bedroom. I'm just staying over here out of the way. Kinda proud of her. <3 Until of course she starts yelling at me.

We haven't yet heard about the middle school for the boy, so he's doing the work but not sure it will ever get graded. He's rediscovered some old annoying loud toys so that's fun. The toy burps if that gives you any indication. I'd send him off to ride his bike but it SNOWED today. I can't even.

Mom got the spiced jelly beans I ordered and it made her day, as I hoped it would. She didn't have time this year to get candy. So Vicky to the rescue! Ha ha!

We baked the chicken from Fresh Approach, and then all of us realized, it had so much more flavor than the ones at Kroger. How does this even happen?
Turns out back in 1948,  there was this contest to make chickens bigger, to carbo load them, and it worked but flavor was greatly reduced. So if you get your hands on a good chicken, remember the source and go back for more. It probably came from a farm.
More info on that here:
https://nypost.com/2015/04/26/why-nothing-especially-chicken-tastes-like-it-used-to/

In an effort to NOT gain weight but actually lose some before my birthday in the fall, I have been playing with the Lose It application. Turns out if I eat to be satisfied, I can lose 1 1/2 lbs a week.
That's gonna work because my goal is to be at my goal weight on my birthday. Because it's a nice big round number, you see. And I am gonna want cake.

As long as I can keep my mouth shut after dinner it should work! Why is it so hard to do?

So I'm looking for activities to do that I enjoy, that I can do at home, that I dont need to spend thousands of dollars on (all that dirt? it was like $50. Yeah thats all!.... unless my math is wrong and I need more than 11 cubic feet. My math has been wrong in the past...)
Also looking for activities I can do when it gets dark, and is inside. Boy that narrows it quite a bit.

So, tonight I'm going to paint my nails lava red. Just because I can.

And tomorrow I will pick up groceries and thank the handler for their efforts, and be thankful I can get what I get.  Hubby will get the soil and I will progress further toward having a backyard garden.

I had this whole plan to exercise and walk outside and lift weights. And then it snowed.
I'm a pretty fair weather walker. The dog can just go pee in the backyard if its gonna snow. He likes that sort of thing. I do not. (Like the snow, not the other thing).

I could still do the exercise, and I will still do that after everyone goes to bed. I can't do it if someone watches me. It's embarrassing. Why? I have no idea.

Oh. I know, I'm all over the place today. But I just remembered, since we are out of veggies until tomorrow, I made apple crisp with dinner. I just threw it together but it was good. Needed more apples actually, I think. But I recommend it. :)

Alright before I wander off completely, I better go.
Stay safe, stay sane, and please please please stay healthy.
Vicky.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!