COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 41

I tried to get away from facebook for a bit. Not LEAVE it, just
ya know, go into another room for a while?
So much blaming, doom, and gloom... I needed a break.

I thought to myself, hey lets go see the top 10 funny
mommy blogs.

I dunno. Maybe it's me. I can be judgemental. But I'm looking
for a specific, safe feeling blog that I can relate to.
This was depressing.

Actual Mom Blog pic


********judgement zone! **********************

You see, if you're looking at me and telling me you're funny, then you're not funny.
If you are singing, I'm out.
If you're interviewing celebrities, I cant relate.
If the first three words involve wine or R-Rated... meh.
If you use too many "pie in the sky" describing words like beautiful and proud and witty... I'm out. Who actually thinks this all the time?
If you talk about your tendency to insult, cuss and complain, duh, I'm not here for that.
If you say you will not put me to sleep, I think ugh, chaotic. I'm not up for that. I'm pretty tired, lady.
If you are being funny in the description about being perfect, I gotta wonder if there is some underlying narcissism in there. Or delusion.

**********end judgement zone ***************

But I found two I might read.
Only, because it's on FEEDSPOT it wants me to joiny joiny before I read one word.

Nuh uh.
Stop it.
I dont want to join your club.
I'm tired of giving all my info and not even knowing if what you wrote is going to suck.

Just... be real. Talk about real life.
How are you handling things?
How are you coping? What are your successes and failures?
Sure anyone can be funny and witty when they are real.
But dont shove it in my face. Be naturally funny.
See the actual humor in life.
Where is THAT blog?

I gave up and went back to working.

Meanwhile, Hubby got a note that Son wasn't responding to his science class's google classroom.
Knowing nothing about it, I FORCED my 13yr old to show it to me. He was not pleased with me. I wanted to poke around, son visibly nervous about that, didn't want me to and quickly did the driving. There wasn't anything bad, just a bunch of memes like an apple with a face superimposed over it.
Anyway, I learned something about him, he wants to show me things HIS way.
Okee then!

After looking at his schoolwork, we then watched this guy try to make wood transparent on tv. He accomplished translucent by using thin pieces, chemicals to remove the color, and then filled it with epoxy. Kinda cool. NILE RED is the guys name if you want to look it up on YouTube.

Happily, my Imperfect foods box came today and I tried this dried pineapple coconut snack thing.
Best snack evah

Let me just say... life changing. I ate the whole bag. Seriously. I am in love.
I'll have to make sure I stock up on those!

After reading my CEO's message about a plan to return to work, but not right away, I realized that could mean quite a while on my rickety old tv tray. Maybe it was time to dig up the old extra monitor and set it up.


Dual Monitors

Once I got done working, I realized it had been a couple of days since I started the scrap garden, it was time to check it out.
The broccoli stems and the romaine lettuce leaves just smelled bad and didnt do anything. Yuck.
I dumped those.
But the shallots grew some roots, as did the leeks and scallions.
I didnt have anymore potting soil, and my next order doesnt arrive until May 1st.
So I dug up some dirt out of my garden, which is very much clay, but it should give them a running start before I transplant them again in a week and a half or so.

Scrap garden in progress

The romaine lettuce stem takes about 2 weeks to get lots of roots. It had one root as of a couple days in water. There appear to be mini leaves starting to grow too. I'll know for sure in the next few days.

The entire seeds and scraps garden

The garlic is sprouting, you can see it on the left side, it's the mini pot with the wooden stick instead of white plastic.

Pretty exciting.
The only regret was leaving the potato outside because it snowed again. And the stems all burst their cells above the soil line.
Seeing that there were still good roots and stems below the soil line, I covered it with a milk jug and am hoping for the best.
I can always redo that one I guess. I just feel bad.
Like when I thinned the seedlings. Felt like a baby killer!

Some people, for this reason pull out the smaller seedlings and replant them. I just am too much of a clumsy oaf to not break them all.

But for the first time I grew milkweed from seed. And it's now a dicot! (two sets of leaves) so it may actually grow into a plant :)

That's all the news that's fit to print.

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!