Making Fish tasty and an Apple Tart

So the Italian parsley is in at the stores. (Big grin) which is really cool because now I can make the parsley sauce. I love parsley sauce on my fish.

There are a lot of fish recipes out there, but this one makes me want to actually eat the fish, as opposed to the others I muddle through to get to the carbs I added to my plate.

But you need fresh parsley, see, and you can only get it in the warm months. Well, it's warm!

I picked up some Tilapia from the big Kroger down the street, the kind they show in the window, and threw it right into the freezer until I had time to work with it. Fish has like NO shelf life in the fridge. None.

Once I found the parsley, the soft leafed Italian parsley just tastes better in my opinion, I knew it was time.

I thawed the fish, salted it and added pepper.
I put butter and olive oil in the big pan and laid the fish in. As that browned, I grabbed the parsley bunch and pulled an entire section out, instead of ripping the leaves off the top.
Then I gently cut the stems and chopped the leaves up.
Flip the fish.
I salted the back side and let it finish cooking low with a lid.


Meantime I had been boiling those little red potatoes and they were just done.
I dumped out the water, then added them back to the pan with butter, dill, garlic and salt.


I moved the fish out onto a plate and added a cup of white wine, and 3 tbsp butter to the pan.



Once the butter melted, I added the capers.
The sauce will reduce and brown. Watch that it doesnt burn
I added the parsley and turned off the heat so it stayed nice and green.

Serve the fish with sauce on top and a side of potatoes and corn.


Now that my healthy and really yummy dinner is done, I wanted something sweet.
We have these apples, now and then, that we cant get to before they start to brown.
So we cut them up and make apple sauce or something.
But this time I wanted something more.... carby. Fatty, I guess. Pastry!

So I made my pie crust (see blueberry pie blog for that one) and rolled it out flat. Peeled and sliced the apples thin and placed them around the pastry.



Then I poured sugar on it (Admit it: Def Leppard is now singing in your head) and dotted it with butter. Baked it and I tell you the house smells YUMMY.

I didnt have any apricot jelly, so I used lemon curd and brushed it on.

MMmm this is so good. I like it with lemon!
You have to try it.

Original recipes here:
Tilapia with Parsley caper sauce:
https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/tilapia-caper-parsley-sauce

French Apple Tart from Ina Garten: 
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/french-apple-tart-recipe


Let me know if you do!
Vicky aka The Clumsy Chef


Comments

  1. YUM Made my mouth water !!!!! *(comment about Def Leppard made me laugh, because, YES, I started singing it in my head.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you make an apple/lemon pastry, try some cardamom. That's a fantastic combination!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!