Day: 33 - Forgot to eat?!

Well it's happened.
I actually experienced losing track of time and forgetting to (make and ) eat dinner.

See what happened was I decided to try eating whole wheat/whole grains.

I learned these things about myself this past week:

1.) I love convenience. I tried the thing where you buy your groceries online and just pay& pick them up. Totally genius. I've been getting so upset that there seemed to be no time when I could shop and there weren't crowds crowds crowds.

2.)  I love bread. I want to eat it at every meal. And there's a lot of bread that I eat, from English muffins, to raisin toast, to tortillas, to bread. I don't want to stop eating it.

3.) I do not love being overweight. I 'm not making judgments on any one else and their choices but I don't like how I look. Plus it's another piece in the puzzle when trying to stay cancer-free; maintain a healthy weight.

You can see how with these three confessions about myself how I got into eating a lot of packaged foods, a lot of white flour, and feeling shame about it. Not good.

So my thinking was, I can try to eat whole wheat carbs instead of white, and still eat the things I'm used to. It was time to give it a try.

And so, I found myself working away on making Easter candies ( no you can't have any,  you have to wait til Easter to have some! ) and it was after 6pm and I was not hungry.
I'd had a couple pieces of Ezekiel raisin toast for breakfast (thanks to Anna for the idea)  and at lunch I got a chicken sandwich from McDonalds, removed the bun, and put the stuff on a whole wheat muffin. It was a little weird but really was pretty good.

This was for dinner: Salmon with lemon and dill, whole grain instant rice (well 10 minutes actually), and sauteed peppers and snow peas.



For the Salmon, I cut one fillet into three pieces. Salted them to bring out natural carmelization, and put olive oil and a touch of butter in the pan. I seared them face down. Then when I flipped them over, I put dill and garlic on top and a slice of lemon for flavor.
At the same time I cut up peppers and cut the tips off the snow peas. Those I cooked also in olive oil with a touch of butter.

It's pretty yummy and I'm not craving everything in the house this time.
Weirdness.

Try it and let me know what you think!

Vicky aka The Clumsy Chef

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Chicken Roma

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!