Bonus Blog - Dessert!

All this healthy eating,  I needed a sweet.
I can't help it.

But it has to be at least homemade and must help with the overripe fruit situation.
I mean it's not yet a situation, but warm days are coming and so are fruit flies! And ants! And Junebugs! Carnage!

I digress.

So I found a recipe to contain all my 'need to get rid of' ingredients - drunken cherries, ripe apples and pears, and lemons. It had to contain whole oats and not much sugar.

Here is what I am making:

Apple Pear and Cherry Crumble.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/apple-pear-and-dried-cherry-crumble-239841

Only, I 'm not making that much. And I'm using drunken cherries.
I made half.
And I added 1/2 cup of oats to the topping mixture before spreading it around the top.
Because I like to make things my way. (smile)

So its in the oven, but I took a peek:

(peek)

So I will let you know how it tastes, but with lemon and nutmeg and cinnamon, how can i go wrong, really?

Must not eat the whole pan....

Vicky aka TCC

PS.... I pronounce it good over ice cream!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Chicken Roma

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!