Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

Chocolate is my addiction, I must admit. Especially when it's warm.
I think about it, dream about it, bake it, make candy with it, eat it after lunch or dinner nearly every day.

So when i think about birthday cakes or even the charity I bake for, I'm always looking to make chocolate-something. Or when its Saturday and I have some time on my hands. I think about it then too. :)

This week, I had been cruising around the internet, and my sister in law mentioned that it was time for Chocolate muffins. I agreed. I felt tired and turned off the computer.

Then, my mind started ticking away. I had recipes, lots of them. I would bet among all those recipes I had a recipe for Chocolate muffins. Hmm. I really wanted some warm chocolate.

So I opened up my computer again and got out my recipes.
Ooh this one sounded good.
They had chocolate chips even!

The mix was pretty simple and it turned out much more chocolately than I expected. (That's a word, right?)

It was the perfect amount of everything and it made  a dozen. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

Half way through the baking process, my daughter asks tentatively from the other room, "Mom?"
"....yes?"
"Are these chocolate things for us??"
(Smile) "Yes honey. They're muffins"
"Thank you!!!"

My poor deprived children are always smelling baked goods and I'm always taking them to work instead of ever letting them have any, ever. ;)

Most of the time the problem is not that I don't have enough left for a few at home; it's that I made something they politely say "no thankyou" to. (frosted cupcakes, anything with fruit in it, etc)
At least they don't say "eww gross!"

We all three had one that afternoon and they were deemed a success.
I know its sweets and full of sugar, but it has no preservatives nor chemicals.

For work, I made brownie mix, then I made chocolate chip cookie mix. And then I poured in brownie mix into a foil lined pan, then dolloped cookie dough on top of it. It bakes for an hour, but these make the fastest selling brownies I've ever made. :)

Here is the recipe for the muffins.
Please try them, then go grab some milk. They're awesome!

Double chocolate chip muffins:
Recipe:
Chocolate Chip Muffins

  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour + 2 Tbsp
  • 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • ¾ c cocoa powder
  • 6 oz choc chips

1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2.     In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and oil. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
3.     Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Muffins are done when it springs back to the touch.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138