Day 27: Quick! Dinner Time!

I have no time to be writing this.
But I have to share this really quick.

I made dinner in a very short time ( who has time to time it, really?).
We had flat iron steak, and pesto asparagus pasta.

You see I had left over spaghetti noodles from making Spaghetti Bolognese a couple days ago, and I wanted to get in a veggie.

So I did this:

Throw the flat iron steak into a pan of olive oil, sear.
Next grab a bowl, plop the spaghetti in it, microwave 2 mins.
Then cut the back end off the asparagus, toss it into the compost bowl ( we have  bin but you need to collect it somewhere).
Cut up the asparagus on the bias because I'm fancy.
In a pot, add butter and olive oil. Put the asparagus in the pot and add a tablespoon of pesto.
Stir frequently.
Flip the steak, cover, and turn down the heat.
Add the pasta to the asparagus when it's done and toss. I added more pesto here, maybe half Tbsp.
Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and toss again.
Take the steak out of the pan, let rest 5 mins
Cut on the bias - again, fancy, and its how you cut flat iron steak
Plate with slices of steak, spaghetti asparagus pesto and top with some asparagus tips - because we are all fancy.
This is a stock image but you get the idea

Eat with your pinky up!

Vicky aka The Clumsy Chef

PS, do NOT drop the steak, it's slippery cooking in all that oil!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138