Day 19: When you're out, substitute! Brownies from Cake mix

You are craving brownies but alas, there is no mix and it's dark out!
You don't really want to go to the store, and you have cake mix.
Is there such a thing as conversion from cake mix to brownie?

Why yes, Virginia, there is a brownie in your future!

Today's recipe came from Betty Crocker, (yep she stops by now and then to get a recipe... ha!)

But I can't find the recipe now that I closed the link. Getting old sucks.

So I can tell you what I did.

I put a cake mix in the bowl, two eggs, and 1/3 cup oil.
I put foil and sprayed it with oil in a 9x9 pan, dotted with toffee peanuts and baked for 30 mins.

By morning it should come out easy and cut up easily by lifting the foil and peeling it off.
Then you cut it and put it back into the (amazing!) clean pan!

I also have some peanut butter frosting I'm thinking about using.

You can do this with any cake mix.

For example: Here is a picture of a german chocolate cake mix turned brownies.

Yum!
Try it and let me know what you did. :)

Vicky aka The Clumsy Chef

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138