Day 7: 40 Days of Lent: We now interrupt this Blog ...

You may be wondering where I've been for the last two days.
As you may recall, I trained from 2006 to 2011 in Karate-do. I got my black belt and immediately spent the next 6 years teaching others. I still do that and I still leave the dojo smiling.

But now I am training again. Taking two classes I had on my Bucket List: Tai Chi and Iaido.

Tai Chi helps me slow down, breathe, relax. Its' that slow dance like movement, very fluid.

Iaido is ... well it's learning to use a Katana sword. But you start out with a wooden one. It's pretty physically challenging and mentally challenging.
I can barely move, I'm so sore, especially my wrists and hands. I can't stop smiling.

This doesn't mean I am not cooking, it means I've not been blogging about it on those days. I'm just too tired and sore to type!

But I have no doubts I have made the right decision and am enjoying the learning process. I'm once again a white belt. I once again have an empty cup.

If you had asked me a month ago what was on my bucket list, I really didnt know, until it was presented to me.

Sometimes life is like that.

Tomorrow's blog: (assuming I can type) Fried Oysters and Smelt and Homemade Fries. I can hardly wait!

Vicky
Aka: The Clumsy Chef (and martial artist)

Comments

  1. Tai Chi ??? I might get a chance to learn that too. They have a new class here at the park, but my only problem is TIME ! I'm rehearsing a lot for the Talent Show I'm in with Dad, and I also take Zumba classes on Mondays. So far I've been too busy to take the Tai Chi. Maybe after the show I might try it, but I'll only have 2 weeks before leaving, and don't know if the 2 classes will actually teach me enough to use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138