Day 25: Trying new things

This morning I had a pared down version of a really fabulous lunch that I ate in Houston.

The meal was Eggs Benedict but it also had fried oysters. I love fried oysters. They have this sweet crunch from the fried breading, and then you get this briny taste afterwards. So so good.
Now pair this with poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce, and an English muffin. There was what I assume was meant to be Canadian bacon but came off as a super thin pork chop, so I skipped that part. (Dude it was grey. Let the Michiganders & Canadians show you how Canadian bacon is done)

You can see why this meal would be really tasty, however, I'm not interested in buying a bigger size pants, so I pared it down:

I still poached two eggs
But in a frying pan next to it, I put a large oyster in with some oil and butter and added chopped red pepper (this provides the sweet taste I'm looking for without the fat from the sauce and the fried breading).

It's different than the meal back in Houston, but it was still very good. (Tilt your head to the side, I couldn't figure out how to turn it)



Then for dinner, we had tilapia, pan fried, with an avocado sauce. 
Let me just give you the recipe right now because I'm telling you this stuff is AMAZING.

Avocado sauce:
1 avocado
1/4 large shallot, cut into small pieces
1 cup whole milk
salt
pepper
parsley
garlic (I used garlic paste, about 1 tsp)

Put into a blender and blend until smooth thick consistency. 
Put it into a jar and refrigerate til needed. (If there is any left, its so good).



Finally, to finish off this low-cal feast, I cut up some bruised apples, boiled in water until soft and brown. Added cut up maraschino cherries and a small amount of sugar. I added a pat of butter and fried the apples and cherries once the water was gone.
Finally served hot in a bowl topped with wheat germ for a slight crunch.



All this, some meatballs and zucchini for lunch and I only ate about 1000 calories today.

Give something in here a try and let me know what you think!

Vicky aka The Clumsy Chef

P.S. Today's clumsy moments were exacerbated by putting on fake nails. What was I thinking???
P.P.S. I was thinking "I feel pretty....."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake