COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

I haven't had much to say lately. 

I'm diving deep into why I eat more than I should. I'm taking this online course through Daily OM to learn how to communicate better. You know, once I have something to say. 
I bought a shirt that says "Warning Starving Dieter May Bite If Provoked". 
I'm taking my martial arts classes, getting into the groove of that. 

This week I made tacos. 


This is how I do it. 
From the top: Paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt on a pound of hamburger. 
Chop and cook. Serve with tortillas, tortilla chips, tomatoes, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and lettuce. Sometimes guacamole. 
But you gotta get the restaurant style white tortilla chips. Heaven!

Today I made chicken and dumplings by request. 
First you par cook the chicken. 

Which just means cook it til brown on the outside in butter in a pot. 

Then I took these out and added chopped onion, celery (out of my garden!) and carrot. 
This is mire poix. 

Add the chicken back in and add water (6 1/2 cups) and thyme and turmeric for color. 
Boil this until the chicken is done, then take the chicken back out. 
Meantime mix the dumpling dough. And when its ready, add by spoonfuls to the broth. 
Back to the garden, chop up some parsely and throw it in. 


Cook this through so the dumplings are done, another 15 mins. 
And you're supposed to shred the chicken and put it in the pot. I didnt, just served it whole. 

The final product. I thought it was good, but the recipe called for a dough that had cornmeal it in. I didnt like that texture as much other recipes. 
And hubby doesnt like bone on chicken, so much that he didnt eat it. Sigh.
So for leftovers I'll just shred the chicken and add it to the pot. 

My favorite way is to make the dumplings almost like a rolled out pie crust or bread dough and cut them into sheets. 

How do you make the dumplings?
Write me back and let me know. :)

Meanwhile, 
Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

  1. I make spaetzle, cooked in boiling salted water, drained, and fried in butter with cabbage and onions to make Haluski.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake