COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 143

First, the dinner. Because this was fun to make. 

What I've learned so far about Shrimp Stir Fry: 
1. Don't buy cooked shrimp and warm it up. You will have shrimp flavored rubber. 
2. Make sure there are at least 3 colors. Eating a stir fry should be visually exciting. Well eating anything should, to be honest. 
3. Add different textures
4. Try new things!

So this time, I purchased frozen raw shrimp and let it thaw in water over the stove. 

Then after the shrimp turned pink, I added snow peas, carrot shavings (I did this with a peeler), water chestnuts for crunch, and some really cool Bunapi mushrooms. See the cute little white mushrooms in the bag in the center? They are so tiny and cute!

They have an almost fermented flavor to them once I cooked them. 
This goes well with the other stuff I added: garlic, honey (just a touch), soy sauce, ginger, and salt and pepper (because too much soy sauce is just... too much). 

Rice is fairly easy, put in twice as much water as rice, add some salt and butter and cook until the water evaporates. If you catch it in time, do it just before, and put a lid on it, turn off the heat. 


And here is the finished product!
Pretty yummy. 


Okay, now that dinner is done, let's recap the working week, shall we?

At the beginning I was asked by one guy to take on some work. I said yes. Then my boss said no you cant take on that work it belongs to another group. 
Many emails later and much confusion, it ended up that by the end of the week I ended up owning the work. Here's the thing... I could've been training on it all week. Sigh. 

Then my boss decided we are going to do an in person meeting. I'm nervous about this. But at the same time it seems important. I'm gonna be wearing a mask and staying away from people. 
We havent seen each other in 6 months, so I'm excited too. It's a strange feeling. 

But the part that has me more worried is that we might be going back to the office at least part time starting in October. That all has to do with how the pandemic is unfolding, what each of us prefers as far as working from home and how much, etc. 
And at the Ren Center, well its all wide open, so they might be changing what our cubicles even look like. I wonder if they will move my stuff?

Also, it's like someone is giving me an end date for a life I just got settled in to,yet again. On the one hand if it's truly safe for us to go back, I'm a bit relieved. But I got used to being here. And a few months from then I am to start school again. Another big change. 

And those martial arts classes I take? We dont yet have a building to go to this fall/winter when it gets bad outside. 

I don't love changes, I really don't. 
It's because I get anxious about forgetting something, and invariably forget something, and then stress out about it. You can see it's circular, right? 
Eventually after a couple weeks I settle in, but during that time I tend to be just out of sorts. 

So knowing that big changes are coming including this new additional role at work, has me looking around for comfort food. Then I think, Oh God, the diet! People are going to actually SEE ME in person soon. Ack!

Deep Breath. 

Well anyway, at least I'm eating healthy so there is that. 
And I'm not alone in the "gained the Covid 10 lbs" club.
And I'm used to wearing masks, so that shouldn't be too bad. 

I guess what I want is a guarantee that I'll be okay. That I won't contract or spread the virus by trying to go back to a new normal that includes being around more people than I already am. 

And on top of it all, even if they give out a vaccine this year, I doubt I'll be one of those to get it. I'm not that high risk. 

So it's good. But it's not. Get what I mean?

Stay tuned for the next chapter in the Virus Shutdown... at least until that stops.I'm guessing it should be blog - worthy. 

Stay safe, stay calm, Stay sane, and stay healthy, my friends. 
I'm going to go eat a chocolate chip cookie. 
Vicky




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake