Day 2: 40 days of Blogging for Lent - You're excited now, aren't you?

Day 2: March 2nd, Thursday 

Meals:
Breakfast: Homemade Granola (I have to perfect this recipe. So far it gets soggy though, have to work on this one. )
Lunch: Since the workplace is in a town hit with bad water, and I remembered that on my way out of the subdivision, I stopped at Tim Horton's and got a raisin bagel with cream cheese. So that was lunch.
Dinner:  Teriyaki pork and Rice. 

Exercise:
Funeral day.  And super cold out. So I'm taking a day off. 

Today's' recipe: 

Teriyaki Pork

I'm starving so pretty much anything is going to smell good, but Man! I have to tell you, this marinade is AMAZING! Soy sauce, sherry (I substituted white wine), brown sugar, rice vinegar, oil, garlic, and ginger. I forgot the red pepper flake. OOps. Total yum.

Meanwhile I started water for Jasmine rice. I haven't broken out the rice cooker yet, so I got some Jasmine in bags by Minute Rice, goes faster. It's a weekday after all.

The "go to" cooking method for me is baking on a baking sheet with a piece of parchment over it. I use the pull out sheets that pull out kind of like Kleenex. Kinda love that.

So you take a pork loin and put it in the marinade for a half hour to 8 hours. I never remember to do that ahead of time so I opted for half hour. I may need to gnaw on my arm. Hungry.

Once I'm done with the marinade, I shake the pork so the marinade isn't too much, causing it to burn the chop.

Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.

Smells amazing.
I used the rest of the marinade as a sauce by simmering it. (After all it had raw pork in it).
Added that to the top of the rice and pork and served it with green beans. Really good.

Go try it!

Love,
Vicky AKA the Clumsy Chef

Recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/teriyaki-pork-tenderloin-recipe


Cancer Prevention site of the day: 
 https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/prevention/

Blog list for healthy eating: 
http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20450837,00.html   

Comments

  1. This sounds so good ! I'm going to have to try this when I get back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138