Day 1: 40 days of Blogging for Lent - lucky you!

My pledge is to blog for 40 days straight, each day giving a tip about healthy eating, cancer prevention, or to show you a new recipe I've tried (from scratch!) or maybe all of that. 

I am going to eat healthy meals (no fried food, no cream sauces, no processed meats, eat more plants) do an activity every day and thus lower my weight. 

Can I do it? 
I hope so. Cancer prevention is my mission after all. 

Day 1: March 1st, Wednesday (Ash Wednesday to be exact)
 
Meals:
Breakfast: 1 egg with roasted red pepper.
Lunch: I had lemon cream sauce on my leftover spaghetti for lunch and that's not on the plan, but I did have an apple. That counts for something, right? Right?
Dinner:  Red snapper (from the fish market) with dill and lemon, lentils and rice, and green beans and grapes after dinner instead of dessert.

Exercise:
I walked the dog after work, not terribly long, but I got up and moved, so it's not bad. I'll need to do a longer one tomorrow since I will have to skip the gym tomorrow (sadly, a funeral to go to -- too many lately). Sad.

Today's' recipe: 
Red Snapper with Dill and Lemon:

First go to the Superior Fish Market if you're near Royal Oak. Nice people, great fish and seafood.
If you don't live near by, move here. No, just kidding. It get's crowded enough on Saturdays.
But find a fish market if you can.

Locate some red snapper. The fish flesh (say that 5 times fast!)  is anywhere from white to pink.
Outside:

And inside the fish:

It's a pretty fish.
But it tastes not much different than cod.

Next we lay out the fillets on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or foil (less mess to clean up).
Salt the fish
Spray it with olive oil spray
Sprinkle dill weed and crushed garlic or use Pampered Chef's garlic dill mix ( love love love this stuff)

Then slice a lemon into very thin slices across the grain. Pick out any seeds (they are bitter!) and lay them on top of the fish. You get a subtle lemon flavor as opposed to squeezing lemon all over the place (do NOT ask about the lemon chicken!).

Bake at 350 F for about 10 minutes.

They should look white and should spring back when pushed on with a fork.

Let them cool slightly and serve with your favorite rice dish and a nice green veggie.
Go try it!

Love,
Vicky AKA the Clumsy Chef

Cancer Prevention site of the day: 
     http://www.wcrf.org/int/research-we-fund/our-cancer-prevention-recommendations

Blog list for healthy eating: 
     http://makeyourbodywork.com/best-healthy-food-blogs/




Comments

  1. sounds yummy ! Dad and I went to dinner at a seafood place, (I had saved all my WW points so I could eat fried fish). it was all delicious, but I ended up with a digestive problem (you know what I mean) I think from the 1/2 hushpuppy I ate. oh well. won't eat there again. I usually get fish when I eat out because I don't like to cook it. I might just try this tho. anyway, love your blogs..... *(I remember the lemon chicken incident). heh heh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138