COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 23

Today was a better day.
Kids and animals came into my room to hang out and talk this morning.

Do you know how long it takes exactly for you to get ready for work?
I wondered this morning, so I did the whole gamut, in preparation for the Zoom Tai Chi class and then timed it.
It takes me 38 minutes including blow drying my hair and makeup. I must spend a lot of time doing dishes and gathering/packing all my crap in the car since it takes me a hour to get ready!

Once my class was done, I got into my book.  I got to read probably 80% of it.
Partly outside on my porch, which turned into Otie coming with me, and then talking to my neighbor while she was on her porch.
We kept getting cold, going back in, and then coming back out. It was a nice day but on the cusp of being too cold to stay for long.
The last time, Otie begged and begged to come out. I got him to finally sit down,but then I got cold so was gathering stuff. At the same time my daughter came home. Otie gets very excited, so he ran to her while I was holding my favorite glass full of lemonade.

And you guessed it. The glass went down, the lemonade all over the porch, glass everywhere.
Dammit. Again with the lemonade!

I handed the dog off and went in to find the broom my son was riding yesterday (he lives to try to make people laugh).
Eventually I got back to the living room and read a bunch more. I'm gonna finish this one soon, so I'm saving it for later right now. I don't want it to end yet!

I did clean the house, but the vacuum got backed up with dog hair, so I had to wait for hubby to fix it, which he did. But by then I didnt want to vacuum anymore, so I made my son do it. :)

I read somewhere that we won't go back to normal life until August.
Trying not to think about the possibility.

My suggestion to you is take it no more than a week at a time.
And turn away now and then from facebook. There is too much fear out there.

Today's meal was Chicken Marsala.
It was Okay, but not as good as it could've been. I'm thinking i had too much flour on the chicken.
When you make this dish, the chicken is scalloped (cut very thin) and then dredged in flour/salt/pepper. If you dont knock off enough of the extra flour it ends up burning in the pan.

I modified a veal marsala recipe, since i dont have veal, but I did have the Marsala wine.
And then it calls for adding a slurry of cornstarch to thicken the cooked down wine/mushrooms/stock. But that looked more gelled than I thought it should. I wanted more of a gravy. Next time I will use flour.

I'll have to dig into other recipes for this, maybe that one was meant to have flour.

I made egg noodles and salad bar (no one likes the same thing but everyone likes some part of the salad, so I just laid out the ingredients. That way everyone eats some veg).

Now we are all nestled down in the family room, watching a star wars movie. Since I grew up watching them over and over, I feel comforted by the movie. Funny guy asked why C3PO has nipples. Daughter says they are buttons.

(I'm not sure what they're talking about. I think there was a scene where there was debris on him. These kind of questions are why moms don't listen too closely to teens.)

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!