COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 26

I don't know about you, but I'm so very tired of bad news. The virus, who was involved in what, how horrible everyone is, how they didn't do enough, etc. I can only take so much.

Along came this a rare positive post that I was able to watch most of an episode of, before I cried happy tears. I tell you this is so worth looking at if you're sick of the bad stuff.

It's put together by John Krasinski called SGN (some good news); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U
There are others episodes but you can start here. :)

And he talks about other celebs who have positive posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sie2Eyp6u0

And this:
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/jimmy-fallon-hashtags-myquarantineinsixwords 

And one more:
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/hotels-offer-up-free-rooms-to-medical-workers-battling-covid/

Now that your spirits are hopefully lifted, let's turn our attention to food.
Since our supplies may be dwindling, you may find that you're one or two ingredients short to make that something sweet, here are some ideas I got from an actual email by King Arthur Flour. I was so impressed that they found something really helpful to send that I was happy to open it and now share it with you.

These are all links to recipes: 
Friday Night Double Fudge Chocolate CakeKing Arthur's Original Cake Pan CakeVegan Chocolate Chip CookiesDark Chocolate CakeTomato Soup Spice CakeBanana BreadCarrot MuffinsSnickerdoodlesEasy CheesecakeFlourless Fudge Cookies

Let me know if you try any of these!

On the reading front, my current book has me in Kyoto Japan, learning about the food around the formal tea ceremonies called Kaiseki (there was food involved?).
Here is an example, isn't it pretty?

Making Kaiseki:

And eating it: 

It's pretty interesting, to me anyway. The book is called Untangling Chopsticks by Victoria Abbott Ricardi, if you're interested.

I'm hoping one day to see Japan, it's second on my travel bucket list, especially the cherry blossoms in the spring.

That's all the news that's fit to print. :)

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!