COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 68

Shhh! Don't tell her. 
But since today was my daughter's last day of school, we are starting the graduation ceremonies at home tomorrow with a chocolate chip cookie dough cake, gifts, and her favorite meal - goulash!
Chocolate chip cookie dough cake

Covered so she can't see 
Being the kid of a baker this is a normal sight

The fun tee shirt
(plus another gift but just in case she sees this... will wait)


We finally have a date for picking up her cap and gown, yearbook, and something called a grad bag with a drive through. The school is also doing an online kind of celebration instead of a Senior dinner. 

And we are hearing a tentative date for the graduation ceremony where they walk and get their diploma. I'm glad they decided to do it however modified it may be, this summer. 

They also have some kind of prom in the works so she can still wear her dress. Hopefully the tailor will be open before then. I don't sew at all (yikes!)

Then all that's left to worry about is having a party for her extended family and friends. 

After that it's figuring out college and what classes and how she will take them. 

It's happening!!

So how do I feel about all this?

I've never been the mom of a graduate before. And all this time it's been depressing, since COVID-19 hit. I was really worried she would miss out on some great times and cheated out of milestone events.

One thing is for sure she will not forget it. 

But now that things are happening, however modified, I'm feeling relieved and excited for her. 
I really love her so much and want her to be happy, above all else. She is just the sweetest kid and her smile makes my heart just burst. 

I love sitting with her and just talking, sharing laughs, and goofing around. 

I'm more proud of her than I ever have been. She plugs along, she does her work, and I hope in the months to come she can feel some relief and accomplishment. 

If you have young kids, I'll say this, each milestone is so exciting to watch. It's so much fun to see her accomplish things. And it's not sad at all. It's just very very exciting. You have so much cool stuff to look forward to!

And I bet being a grandma and watching it happen is just as exciting. 

For all the grads out there, congratulations! 
Enjoy the ride. 

Stay safe, sane, and healthy
Vicky






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138