COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 56

And we're back!
Yesterday I played around a lot with settings here in Blogger to see if I could enable comments. Apparently so far one user with Safari is having a hard time. Hopefully that's only the case with Safari browser. Feel free to test it and you let me know. You can always comment in the Facebook thread if it doesn't work. 

I decided that I really like my sourdough bread from my home starter, especially sliced thin and toasted with an egg and butter. oooh boy! Best breakfast evah!

You may wonder why I blog. At first I figured it was a countdown to a few weeks isolation then back to real life. After a while it became a way to journal my journey. 

I'm going back and reviewing my blogs, and watching how I change my attitude as I go along during this isolation. So while I'm still counting days, it's because I am going back and looking at my own behavior. I think when we get a vaccine to the world and it's widely used, I will want to know how long it took and how I reacted to it. It's interesting to me anyway. I feel like we are part of a notable time in history. 

Part of my work today involved how we can make culture change happen in the workplace, specifically get people to change how they work and incorporate a new methodology when making decisions. So I was digging into a little psychology to learn what types of things motivate people. 

I think if you were to peg me, I'd say I work for accolades. Yes there has to be a certain amount of money I get paid or I would find another job, but it's really the "Vicky did a good job" kind of verbal or written recognition that fuels my fire. Especially if it comes from an authority figure or is shared with my boss. 

My Iaido class is tonight, and I've had this schedule for training both that and Tai Chi all week. Unfortunately the tiredness or downright blues can make you less than thrilled about doing anything other than vegging on the chair in front of the tv. Or playing facebook games. So I sort of crammed in practice of nearly everything I know in Iaido as well as Tai Chi. Just a few more things to do tomorrow. 
I feel better about it. Something about accountability when they ask me what I did for training this week I have a lot to say. 

Looking at my seedlings I'm pretty excited about my crops so far. The tomatoes are a foot tall already and so is the onion I JUST PLANTED. That bugger is going to be huge. 
I put some celery stems in water and I swear I see growth already. I got my soil but unfortunately not the pots yet. 

Also I ordered thicker twine for the backyard but the order, while in shipping, was canceled due to some incident they didnt explain.Not sure what can happen to twine.... a fire?  Roving bands of marauding gardeners who waited too long and how have a tons of branches to bind? Birds? No one seems to know. 

Gotta run, I'm already late for making dinner! Tonight is pasta - penne pasta with a ragu bolognese and some carrots. Got to remember to make the carrots. 

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138