COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 52

Since I've got Vicky's Cakes LLC on hold until we can come back together in person again, I was trying to think of a way to help those who maybe don't NORMALLY bake learn how to make something nice for the upcoming events like Mother's day and Memorial day.
So this Saturday, I'm enlisting my son to help me make a video. We will start with an apple pie. This was the class I was going to teach first, so why not start there? And for the next week I'll show you how to make a red white and blue cake for Memorial day.

                                      Perfect Apple Pie Recipe - Pillsbury.com

This will help me, too, because for work I'm making training videos lately, and I've learned that my voice is waivery. I get nervous and I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about. That's no good for teaching!

So, I figure if I do some videos about a subject I know well, like pie or cake, then I will gain some confidence. I found some software called "Screencastify" so I'm going to try that for editing. 
Wish me luck!

On the baking front, the sourdough bread dough is resting. It has to sleep overnight since the yeast isn't as strong as one you can buy. But we will have sourdough bread tomorrow! I can already see its getting bigger :)

Mean time I'll be making banana bread muffins for breakfast and for lunch tomorrow, khachapuri. Mine, at least. :) We shall see if the family likes it too. 

We spent some time outside, cutting grass, reading books, pulling a few weeds. Mostly just enjoying the weather. In Michigan, you never know how long its going to be nice out. 

I am lucky enough to have my parents alive and well, so we did a zoom chat tonight. It was salve for my soul. I have been feeling sad lately about all things changing so much and not knowing when we can go back to taking classes or working in an office. But they talked to me about what they thought and felt and the history of vaccines for other diseases, and now I am feeling less anxious about not knowing. Can't thankyou enough Mom and Dad! Wish I could hug you both in person.

I hope you are safe, sane, and remaining healthy.
Remember that that means mentally healthy as well as physically.
I recommend zooming someone if you can. It makes a big difference.

Love,
Vicky



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138