COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 75

This morning it was HOT outside. We are not used to that in Michigan!
I went for my morning garden walk and everything was looking good, except the potato I planted was moved to the front of the garden with toothy bite marks in it. I'm not saying it was the squirrels, but the birds have beaks, is all I'm saying. And the bunnies would've finished the meal. 

theif
thief
                                   

I went to check the backyard and it was no longer a lake. In fact I could walk all the way to the back now. 
I looked up the weather again, and the rain was going to really hold off until like thursday/friday ish. 

So I dug up the dirt on the low side and filled in the high side. If I can only plant on one side until next weekend (and paycheck) I wanted those tomatoes in the ground. 
They are getting leggy and starting to try to root from their stems. 

It looks like it should. Dark soil and healthy green plants. I'm pretty excited about them. I put the cherry tomatoes in front so I can come by and grab them for meals. And when the san marzanos are done we can start canning them as sauce. 

The celery should go on the right side, as well as my last seedlings that are now starting to come up: spinach, shallots, arugula and thyme are already starting to pop up. 
I'm holding out for parsley and rosemary however. 

Since it was so hot out, I climbed up to the attic and grabbed my bag of shorts and sandals. It's time for hot weather clothes! 
Also my measuring tape came today, so I guess it's time to get more serious about that diet. Bleh. 

Hope you had a safe long weekend, and in some way were able to honor those fallen soldiers for Memorial day. 

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138