COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 59

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there.
To celebrate, typically we'd head to Mom's house or she'd come here and we would do something together. Since that's not allowed during this pandemic, I put together a zoom meeting so I could talk to both my parents and my brother and his family. It's been a long time since we all got to talk to each other and see each other. It was really nice. I recommend it if you can swing it.

My own family got me dinner from Ventimiglia. I tell you their lasagna is so good, you should try it.
They make it all from scratch, even the noodles. I also got cards and hugs which I love.

I finalized editing of the Apple Pie video today. You can see it here on my Vicky's Cakes page. :)
It's my gift to you.  LINK
And here it is on YouTube in case you cannot see it in Facebook LINK

I enjoyed the process and learned quite a bit. I have more learning to go, but at least now I can create a basic instructional video. Hope you enjoy it!

Today was also seedling repotting day for me. And as it turned out, seed ordering day.
I counted the herbs I normally buy at the store and was only missing two, so I got them (rosemary and thyme). You could theoretically get potted plants online but they are all sold out in Michigan. So if I get seeds I can plant them outside before too long. I've had so much success with seeds, I'm willing to try it.

Not every seedling makes it, and not every seed germinates. But I've done well with most of them.
My celery from the stalk end is already growing a new plant. I just need it to root and I can plant it in soil.
celery


So far the best success when growing from scraps has been any type of aromatic - green onion, sweet onion, leek, garlic, and I think shallots. They looked dead so I was going to throw them away, but one of them had long roots. So I repotted that one and am waiting to see.

repotted seedlings
Check out my really tall garlic on the upper left side.

Tomatoes going strong
All in all a pretty good day.

Hope you had a good one too!
Stay safe, sane, and healthy,
Vicky

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake