COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 74

Today was the day we moved the living room around so I could use the desk. 


It's actually an antique, from April  of 1928. 




The kind that you need to rub with lemon oil once a month. 
The top folds open and it has internal drawers and even an inkwell holder. 
I tried with the top down (see below) but since my chair wont go up any more, I'm too short. (5'2"!)



I put the top back up and set the laptop down in, which worked out perfectly. 

So now, I actually have an office at home!

I've had the ability to work from home for decades, but never needed to do anything like this because I preferred to work from the office. 

Now that necessity requires that I work from home every day, my hips couldn't take the couch for so many hours at a time. 

I still can use the couch with my side table for reading books which makes the whole room useable. I'm pretty excited. 

I'm on my second dose of Ibuprofen however because I had to crawl around on the hardwood floor for hours to get it all hooked up. Oof. 

On the plant front, the seedlings all survived their first day of being planted outside. The planted ones are still going strong, and I watered them a bit since the impending thunderstorm turned out to just be thunder. It's mightily humid out but I'll take it since we have central air and the heat helps dry out the back yard. The seedlings waiting for the backyard are okay too. They're being very patient.

 Otis can already run out there, only getting a little mud on his feet. He's very happy about that. 

If this continues I will buy the final bags of soil and begin the planting in the back yard this coming weekend. 

It will be nice getting all of it in the ground and I can start my cycle of fertilizing. 

I rather like waking up, getting my coffee, and wandering around the gardens checking up on everything. 

I'm hoping weeding doesn't kill me, all that leaning and pulling. My poor body gets sore doing that for hours! I'm wondering what I just signed myself up for haha!

Hopefully next weekend, whatever doesnt seed this week I can go pick up, like parsley and rosemary. Must haves for cooking! 

I made potatoes with sage today because my sage plant that survived year round from last year was getting big and needed to be cut down and used. I liked it with the sausage and pasta I made for dinner. Yeah I know, double carbs, but it was pretty good with the red and yellow peppers. 

Im making a jello cake, half red and half blue, for memorial day. It will be covered in whipped cream and topped with blueberries and cherries. While I do this I am taking photos and will create a different type of video with voice-overs. 

If youre in the voting mind, you could let me know which type you like better. 
I did it this way since it is a two day process and I still wasnt sure what I was doing. I don't really want my fumbling and bumbling on a video, to be honest. I'd rather figure it out and then voice over some images. The same idea can be used for Independence day so that's why I'm not stressing the deadline of Memorial day. :)

Hope you have a safe, sane, and healthy weekend!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138