COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 50

Yep. I skipped blogging yesterday. For the first time in 5 years, I had to work late.
And then I had my martial arts class on zoom. And work called again after that.
At that point I was just too tired. Ask anyone on that zoom call, I was nearly asleep at the end :)

Between all this work, I fed George, the sourdough starter. (I decided to name him, myself)
For dinner, we had sausages, peppers and onions, and corn on the cob. A really good meal, actually. Then I went back to work.



Today, we got take out which was really yummy. Unfortunately with teenagers, we dont' all eat together. Daughter wasnt hungry yet and son ate on the couch watching his tv show. The kids just growl at me when I suggest we eat together. Hubby ate with me tho. :)

For the garden, I ordered more cow pots since my seedlings need to be separated. The carrots and dill have grown into each other. Since they look so similar I hope I can get them apart and not break them up too badly.

The big onion wants to climb into the light. It's two feet tall now. I hear we have a few more freezing nights ahead of us, so I will need to coax them to stay indoors awhile longer. Oh and the leeks are growing, which is cool, but the shallot appears not to be. And the romaine stem is just growing more leaves but no roots yet. The red pepper grew, didn't shed its seed quite, then seemed to die. It's all hit or miss.

On the work front, the big certificate deadline came and went yesterday for the majority of the group, so starting today I can concentrate on some new things, which are proving to be fun.

One thing I did do last night between work and more work was create a schedule for martial arts training, both Iaido and Tai Chi. I tried to do my tai chi form today, and got  most of the way through before realizing I missed an entire part. So I had to get out the video and find out what I missed.

The dog kept bringing me sticks while I was doing this outside. He likes to bring them to me, and as I try to pick them up, puts his foot on it so I can't take it away. So that's fun.

I also created a baking schedule through the end of July. I didnt mean to. But I wikipedia'd the words sweet bread. Yes I found the thalamus gland, but I also saw baked goods. And there were so many different kinds. You'd be amazed how many are just a sweet bread with some kind of raisins in it from all over the world. I already have a favorite fruit cake so I'm not too excited to bother with it.

So anything that looked good made the cut, and I intend to make three things every Sunday.
At least that's the plan through to August. Maybe by then I will get to go to actual classes and work at the office. But if not at least I'll keep busy.

This weekend the plan is for Sourdough Bread (of course), Banana Bread Muffins, and khachapuri. The latter recipe was given to me by a friend from wayyyy back in High school. I still picture him as a 17 year old boy. But to be fair, last time I saw him he was still very young looking. He lives out in Georgia now... the country not the state. I had to look it up on a map.  I'll definitely take pictures since he reads my blog. (waves hi)

While we were eating take-out, the neighbor's girl has her birthday today, so their friends drove by and honked, and held up signs wishing her a happy birthday. It was pretty cool.
It's hard having milestones like this in such a different way than we are used to.

I know I'm especially missing my Mom lately. Easter, then Mother's Day are going by with out a hug from her. Hopefully she gets her tablet stand soon so she can video chat again and not have to hold the thing the entire time.

The weekend promises to be nice outside, so I'm taking my morning Tai Chi class outside tomorrow. Kind of excited about that. I may need to sneak out so I don't wake the dog. ;)

Hope your day is safe, mostly sane, and you stay healthy.
All the best,
Vicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138