COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 66

There's not a lot going on this weekend, to be honest. It's cool and rainy, I made a fabulous meatloaf with mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheese sauce. 

Meatloaf, cornbread, broccoli with cheese sauce and garlic mashed potatoes


But I mean that was the actual highlight of my day. And it's really fine. I'm not killing myself to do "all the things" lately. I'm resting. I'm watching tv on a regular basis. I'm trying new things and saving the good recipes. 

I did create an avatar, so that was fun for a few mins :)
Me

So then for such a yawner of a weekend, I thought I'd list out the tv shows and movies I've got on my list and why. If you're interested in any of them, they're on Netflix. 

Currently Watching: 
Glee  - it turns out I like musicals and drama
Dead to Me - I like suspenseful shows and this one has plenty of suspense, plus Christina Applegate plays a mom of a teen. 
Criminal Minds - Mystery and suspense and human behavior!
iZombie  - overcoming obstacles, being different

Waiting for the next Episode: 
The Great British Baking Show  - baking and humor
Grace and Frankie - honestly the stars drew me in but it's really good, funny and gives me a peek into the world of what the heck I will do when I'm retired
Stranger Things - Set in the 80s and Winona Rider, first of all. And you know, aliens
Virgin River - Starting over kind of story, amazing doctor, dealing with misogyny

Have not started but looks good: 
Hollywood  - I love all things dramatic and beautiful
Anne with an E  - underdog story
Restaurants on the edge  - redemption, and cooking
Riverdale - a mystery
The Crown  - Royalty
Unorthodox  - doing something that is against the grain and where it leads her
Self Made  - Octavia is kind of a hero of mine. :) 
The Stranger  - I like stories where everything seems normal but then you find out you knew nothing 
The Ranch  - A big change and how he deals with it. Plus so many stars!
New Girl  - Zooey Deschanel is Emily's sister and I loved Bones. Couldn't hurt?

Movies:
Becoming  - I like Michelle Obama
Unstoppable - Bethany Hamilton documentary
A Fall From Grace - mystery 
Lost Girls - Amy Ryan is in it, shes fighting for her daughters against all odds
Crip Camp - Disability revolution
The Unicorn Store - seems like Needful Things kind of a story? and it has Brie Larson
Forks over Knives - documentary on processed foods
Gaga Five foot two - I just love her


So what can you surmise about me with my choices?
I love a hero I can get behind, someone genuine, who can do amazing things. I love watching people triumph over adversity. I love seeing a mystery and then seeing it get solved. I love puzzles like that. 

What about you?
What do your choices say about you?

Do you watch tv to escape? Or to hear a fantastic story? Or to learn?

Let me know!
Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138