COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 51

Spatchcocked chicken. This thing was like a turkey it was so big.
It's definitely not as good as the chicken from Fresh Approach though.
So I think that article I mentioned before where they carb up the chickens was right.
Look at this monster.

big chicken
The problem I have is that I'm scared. I want to go the store, go inside and get a chicken. But I'm frightened by the virus. I've heard what it's like to get sick, really sick, and not be sure you're gonna make it. How it makes you sick for weeks and weeks, and even as you recover you're covered in bruises from the thickening blood and the coughing. The joint pain and the fever and the headaches are another thing. 

I'm fairly certain, being healthy and not having any pre-existing conditions, I might pull through if I get it. But would that be the same for my kids? My husband? My parents?
I can't take that chance. 

So we eat less than great chicken. Too bad FA doesn't do curbside pickup, that would be great. 

There are other things too. One of the things I love to do is go out to eat with my friends and talk. Or sit around a fire and talk. Now, I'm afraid of how close I am to the other person. I'm afraid about how when you eat, there could be saliva flying. I know it's gross to think of it that way, but my mind is always looking for something terrible to find its way in. 

But you can't let the fear get ahold of you. Keep away from it however you can. 
My way is to follow the rules. Then at least I know I did everything I should have to stay healthy and safe.  Maybe it will turn me into an introvert, or even agoraphobic for a little while. But I don't think it will last forever. 

I have to believe there will be a new normal. Maybe it won't be all I hoped for. But maybe it will be better than I hoped for. 

I hope for a kinder world. And maybe the growing pains we are going through now will teach us to be more patient and give others the benefit of the doubt. 

I hope for preservation of life, and livelihood. I hope we learn to do basic things like grow and cook our own food and appreciate those who bring us good ingredients, not just the big ones. 

I hope for new jobs opening up, or even being invented. 
I hope for the arts to reopen and the seats are packed in every show, every gallery has hundreds of patrons. Local businesses are bursting with customers again. 

Maybe too, we put down the phones and the computers and continue to walk dogs, and run and wave hello to our neighbors. 

I dream that this is what our new normal means. I hope you can see it too. Or at least see a new normal for yourselves. 

Stay safe, sane, and healthy. 
Vicky




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138