COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 16

I've been poking around my favorite food blog, Pioneer Woman.
I find it interesting that I like "cowboy food" more often than I like "cowgirl food". :)
I am a fan, and I love a lot of her recipes. But I've seen an overwhelming percentage of the food she makes, I like what I assume her hubby likes, thus called Cowboy Food. Hers is good, but I'm just not a big kale fan.I tend to like more old fashioned food, for lack of a better description.

I took a class online today.
Because of the rain, the Tai Chi class we had had to be inside. So I quickly moved stuff around and we did the class using Zoom. It's a pretty cool tool, if you haven't tried it. Not perfect, there are some delays, but it beats not going to class. :)
We have a good time trying to figure it out!

All day long I've been making croissants. If it turns out great, I only made 16, plus with the leftover dough, I made long twists with black sesame seeds on them. Crossing my fingers, its been all day with this! If it doesnt turn out great, at least I only made 16, right?




I can see the butter is leaking so I need to try this again, maybe tomorrow.
They are greasy. So I'm letting them rest on paper towels.
I think the butter poking through the dough is what did it. It's possible I needed to proof them longer, as well.
I'm sure they will be edible at least, once the leaky butter is sopped up.
Edited to add that the leaky butter was due to only proofing for an hour. Shouldve been 2.
Recipes arent always accurate. :(

Dinner was breakfast today, we had pancakes and bacon.
By the way, oven bacon is FAR better than microwave bacon. Yikes.
We got this box of raw bacon made for microwaves, laid out on paper towels, in plastic bags. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But it was just...weird. Like at 2 minutes it was wavy but not totally done, at 3 mins it burned. We gave up after that.

So after a day of experiments, I'm going to watch some tv and veg out while I bake off the dough.
Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138