COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 19

Things change when you slow down.
We are forced to stop and look around, to stop running 100 miles an hour trying to fit in everything we want to do. Or maybe that's just me?
One of my enablers was Kroger click list. I ordered groceries Friday night and picked them up Saturday morning. Easy peasy.

Then the pandemic happened. At first I ordered my groceries Wednesday for Monday night. Then they offered click list for free. Then there were no schedules.
So I opted to have them delivered, then Instacart went on strike. No groceries, no note, nothing.

When I have no idea where or when my food is coming, it sets me into a panic apparently.
I'm sure some of you can relate.

Enter Fresh Approach. This is my local grocery store. It has tons of fruits, veggies, a huge meat counter, deli, and seafood. I even found legs of lamb.
It's not as big on packaged foods. Which would be obvious if we read the name of the store again...ohhh right.
                               Vegetables and Fruits | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan ...

It's not a bad thing if we walk away from too much packaged food and start making more things from scratch, right? See what I mean about things changing when we slow down?
I got so much food and I feel so much better.

On the gardening front, we have potatoes and onions sprouting!

Baby Onion!

Baby Potatoes!


The backyard is still flooded, unfortunately. :(

I have some good news to share.
This isn't MY car, but it's a red Bolt, which I will be picking up tomorrow!
                                2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV Specs & Features | Valley Chevy
It's all electric. I'm excited to try it out. I've driven a Volt before, but that was hybrid.

On the baking front, this morning I wanted a bagel but was out. So I decided to make them. It takes a while, even with a bread maker.
Here are some pictures with Artemus the Artist's model helping. (Its for a friend's stepson on facebook)
But first, work. Artie took some calls, and helped me with a spreadsheet.


Now that work was done, Artie found the bread maker cookbook.
Here he is, reading up on how to make the bagels.

Forming the bagels. 
Next we let them rise and boiled them for a minute. 

Some of them needed sesame seeds before baking!
Success!
(That's cornmeal on the bottom to keep them from sticking)


Artie did such a good job with bagels, I asked him to help with dinner.
Today's dinner was Chicken Parmesan.
Artie got the bread crumbs ready with salt, and pepper mixed in.

The thin chicken was dredged in the bread crumbs and fried the outsides.

Meanwhile, we boiled asparagus, and spaghetti

Once the chicken was ready, we put it on a foil lined cookie sheet and added jarred spaghetti sauce to the top.

And add shredded parmesan cheese. (Kraft grated works too, if that's what ya got)

Baked until the temp timer went off - chicken needs 165F if you need to know.






Dinner, finished!



And finally, a little thing I discovered on the way back from walking the dog this morning.
If April Showers bring May flowers, What do May flowers bring?
Pilgrims!


Oh and quick reminder, do you know where your thermometer is?
Took me three cabinets, two bathrooms, 6 drawers, and one linen closet before I found mine.
Might be worth checking if you haven't. We don't need it today, but now we are prepared.
                                                         
Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138