COVID-19 Virus shutdown, Day 14


I'm fine. Everything's fine. Totally forgot makeup in this picture. But I swear I wore it Wednesday.

Day 14 of quarantine!

We had "Takeout Thursday" and got food from our beloved Col's restaurant in Royal Oak.
They had a kitchen fire last year and just have come back to us a few months ago.

I'd been craving spinach pie for a while now, but the RenCen food court coney island hasn't had it for months.
So when Hubby chose Col's I thought, Self, you should get some spinach pie.
And so I did.



Today was clean up the gardens day. And I got totally distracted by a mum that I needed to plant and walkways in the garden that needed cleaning off. And the sage plant that I discovered had new leaves on it. What?
This is why I only got 1/3 of the front garden done. Hyacinths and crocus are coming up!! Woot!

Before I knew it,  dinner time came around. I had stuff for hamburgers, corn on the cob, cole slaw, tomatoes, cucumbers... but the chips I ordered did not come.

Tots:
I puttered around and found a tater tots recipe and decided today would be a good day to try them out.
Parboiling:
I had some elderly potatoes so I removed the eyes first, then gave them a clean shave and set them in a pot of cold water. Then I turned on the heat. Once they boiled I counted 6 minutes, then turned them off, drained, and rinsed in cold water.
Grating:
I had to cut them in half longways to get them in the food processor, but I finally used my grater attachment on it and it works so well!
Forming:
Once parboiled and grated, you add a tbsp of flour and some herbs and salt/pepper and mix.
Then you pinch off some potato, roll it into a tater tot-like shape and line them up to be cooked.

Frying:
They got a nice hot oil bath until crispy.


And then flipped over and finished with more salt.
Yum!

You can do this if I can do this.
Just think: Tots, hash browns, home fries anytime you want because you know how to parboil them now! Sweet!

Last thing: My raised bed garden got here a day early! So it's protected under the porch in the rain right now. I'll be building that tomorrow.

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138