COVID-19 Virus shutdown, Day 18

Croissants, take two!
This is the dough being rolled out.


Here are the various places I put the croissants to rise...








There are so many.
I sure hope they're good this time!
Just egg washed and set the oven. Excited!

For dinner, son wanted Messy Mikes (which is really sloppy joes). I didnt have a bottle of ketchup but what I did find was a bunch of ketchup packets.


Turned out just fine and in fact he ate a lot of it!

Croissants are in. I feel kind of nervous, 2 days work riding on it.
Come on, pastry!

15 mins later...


Well, here they are! woo hoo!
Yeah baby. This is what I was after.
So excited. :D
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
On the gardening front, my potato and my onion seeds are peeking out. :)
I'll get a pic tomorrow because you can barely see green.

Here are some guidelines in case you want to try seeding for garden plants:

  • Purchase your seeds from a trusted source. 
  • Pot with seed-starting mix.
  • Make sure your containers have drainage holes.
  • Plant seeds at the proper depth. Look at your seed packet for how deep.
  • After sowing, set the containers in a warm location.
  • Keep seed-starting mix moist.
  • As soon as seedlings emerge, place pots in a bright location.
  • Cool room temperature is best for seedlings.
  • Begin fertilizing weekly.
  • Once seedlings have two sets of leaves, it's time to thin. I cut the smaller ones away. 
Another tip is that I spray the tops of the seedling pods with water to keep them moist. 


For more, see these guys: https://www.americanmeadows.com/start-seeds-indoors

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138