COVID-19 Virus shutdown, Day 5

I can't say that having a crown put on is the highlight of my day, but it certainly took half of it!
What's cool is the tech involved.
After having my tooth ground down, the dentist used a wand that took thousands of pictures, and created a computer model of my teeth.
Then he 3D printed a crown that was purple, and darn if it didnt fit nearly perfectly. Amazed.
He then baked it, making it white, and after gluing it on, I was ready to go.
What would normally take weeks, now can be done in half a day.
Pretty cool right? Want to know more? Check this out: https://all3dp.com/2/dental-3d-printing-all-you-need-to-know/

I'm a little sore, so we made softer foods for lunch and dinner.
I had mashed potatoes with cheese for lunch, but by dinner I was able to eat spaghetti bolognese, artichokes in lemon butter, sugar carrots, and garlic knots.

Id' made the artichokes yesterday by:
Cutting down the stem, cutting off the top of leaves (because of the barbs) and boiled them until the base was soft.
Today I pulled off leaves and spooned out the choke. Then I cut the base into quarters and warmed lemon butter in a sauce pot, mixing them together. Yum. :)

Sugar carrots are literally carrot pieces cooked in sugar water. Some people do this with brown sugar and butter, but this is a lighter version.
Garlic knots and prego spaghetti sauce with spaghetti noodles are all pretty easy , you just follow the directions.

For a dessert we still had donuts, so I glazed the rest with a mixture of warmed up chocolate chips and milk, done in the microwave, dipped the donuts, then sprinkled on green shamrock candies on top. The apple pie is already gone, believe it or not!

I keep thinking about making cookies, but the problem is we dont want too much sweet lying around the house. I figure the donuts will be gone by tomorrow. We have these espresso chips, so I'm gonna play with that.

2 more days until spring, so maybe the cookies can be spring themed.... somehow?

I have some daffodils and crocus peeking out. Pretty excited about that!
I'll check my asparagus tomorrow. Kind of excited about that.

Stay safe and healthy!
Vicky







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138