COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 17

Nearly every post is someone baking, from cinnamon rolls to meatballs to banana bread.
I love it because people are starting to get what I love about baking. It's a huge stress reliever for me, especially with my formerly fast paced life. You really have to focus on what you're doing because baking is chemistry. It's exact. And I'm always happy to taste what I've made. :)

It brings a sense of accomplishment for me, as well. If I can pull off these croissants, for example, it will feel so good.  (Still working on that. I have the pre-ferment, also known as a poolish, in the fridge so it wont grow too fast for baking tomorrow).

I think its cool when others also try something new, and they feel that sense of accomplishment too.

I did something I haven't done in months today, I finished reading a book. :)
I missed that rush of getting to the end of the story.
This one was called The Car https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Car_(novel).

I'm watching a movie as I write this and I think you should watch it too - The Circle. It's creepy but it's also fun to watch Emma Watson speak in an American accent.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9581768/
It's a really good mirror, too, into how much we spend showing our lives online. You get a creepy vibe right away. I'd be interested to know if you changed anything about your online presence after watching this movie and/or (if its a ) book. Or your accountability?
This is one scary movie.

Tonight's dinner was a bust, ever have one of those?
I made middle eastern chicken and veggie couscous with corn. But the couscous tasted weird and the chicken is better on a grill. Kinda dry on the inside, and wet on the outside. Completely wrong method of cooking. And I burned the bottom layer of the corn. Sigh. At least the oatmeal raisin cookies were good.

The backyard is a lake now. It only rained one day and night but I can't get back there to cut any more of the Creeping Virginia taking over back there, let alone put in soil in my raised bed. Boo.
However in 2 days it will be April, and you know what they say about April... showers. Probably I was premature in puttering around back there.

Sadly, its Sunday, which means it's back to work tomorrow.
Which really just means my time is tied up and there is less "me" time. I'm really enjoying the "me" time!

Hopefully I will get to finish up the croissants tomorrow and I have a delivery scheduled from Kroger.  You never know if you're gonna get it all. Cross your fingers for me!

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138