COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 15

It's not all working and waiting around to go outside and garden.
Sometimes it's serious concern about my job. Of the two options I could've been handed, I got the better option. I didn't choose, but at least we will be okay, financially. (Hubby and I work for the same company). Sorry I have to be vague here.

With that scare behind me, I grabbed my son and we went out to build a raised bed for the back yard. This was all cedar with boards and notched pillars. The only screws were for the top  of the posts, there were decorative little squares that had to be screwed in.

Son and I worked hard at it for a couple of hours and got it done.
We had swelled hands and muddy feet by the time we got done but it looks really cool.
Something like this:

Looking around I realized that the creeping virginia really took over last year or two, and i needed to remove it if I was going to get enough sun to grow vegetables.
So I started with pruning shears and had to supplement with lopping shears!

I only got a small bit done, but I saved one tree and am in process of saving the second one.
Two problems arise, one is that its supposed to rain tomorrow and the other is Im so very sore! I forgot about being sore. I'd been looking up so much my neck hurts.

Should be fun being sore the next few days!!

We had steak, rice a roni, sour dough bread, crudite, and broccoli for dinner. These homemade meals are gonna make me gain so much weight!!

Stay safe, sane, and healthy my friends,
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138