COVID-19 Virus shutdown, Day 10

It's Sunday.
And boy did I sleep in. I read 1/3 of a book that my son recommended, in bed. I haven't done that in a long time.

Today was pick up day for my groceries at Kroger. They are some of the nicest people, very helpful. And I feel bad for them, having to do so many substitutions just to make sure we get what we need. Both times, during this pandemic, the only things they were out of were extras like potato chips or cookies. We got everything else we asked for, if not exactly what we asked for.
They are doing a great job!

I got a letter too, from Imperfect foods, explaining that they are doing their best to get us our orders while protecting us as best they can.

What good things have you seen today?

Today's meal was a modified Turkey Milanese (used ground instead of loins, but I wouldn't recommend it, fell too much apart), mac and cheese, zucchini coins, and sweet potato mash.

It was okay but I' m really looking forward to tomorrow's meal.

I have this recipe for seared scallops in lemon caper sauce with israeli couscous. I've been trying to get israeli couscous for WEEKs; nearly gave up on Kroger. This week I ordered two different kinds in hopes that they eventually would get some in. I got both!
I'm so excited, I love israeli couscous.

Tomorrow begins another week of working from home. I've enjoyed this weekend so much, resting, sleeping in, reading. This working cuts into my play time! :)

My "work" this weekend has been to build my Vickys Cakes cookbook. I probably got through a quarter of the recipes. All the cookies and muffins and scones are printed. Getting there!

Has anyone used Zoom to have online calls?
My tai chi teacher wants to use it. I've never even heard of it til recently. Should be interesting.

Stay safe and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138