COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 83

I just finished reading Ruth Reichl's book Garlic and Sapphires. 
The crux of the story is that she became so famous as a food critic that everytime she went to a restaurant, the restaurants would bring the finest food, 
and the best service, thus making it impossible to give an honest review. 
So she fixed it by wearing disguises!

So it of course got me thinking, if I wanted to play the part of someone else, who would I be?
I think I'm too shy to pretend to be someone besides me. 

But. 

People do reinvent themselves so I can become my best self. 

So I started looking in to what people do when giving a makeover. 
What advice would they give someone who wanted to become their best self. 

You remember the show What Not to Wear, right? I found this list from that show: 

9 RULES OF FASHION FROM A DECADE OF WHAT NOT TO WEAR

Rule #1 – Keep the girls locked and loaded.
Basically this means make sure your "girls" have the support they need. Get measured, ladies. 

Rule #2 – Dress your age.
Trying to dress young ages you older than your own age

Rule #3 – Your clothes have to fit. 
Comfort is key here. 

Rule #4 – Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.
Unless you cant. You know I'd like to own a bakery one day but I'm not going to walk around in chefs clothes all day. 
But I can dress in a way that draws people in so they see me as friendly. 

Rule #5 – Color, texture, pattern and shine all create visual interest. 
I tend to throw on a scarf on the way out the door if I dont remember to find a necklace. Someday I need to learn how to do all those crazy scarf ties. 
Well, this was when I worked in an office. Now I coordinate my yoga pants to my hoodie! But a necklace does make me feel better when I wear it. 

Rule #6 – You don’t have to show a lot of skin to be sexy.
Pick a feature, cover the rest up. 

Rule #7 – Jeans are supposed to make your butt look good. 
Never mind the latest fad, how does your posterior look in them pants?

Rule #8 – Mom does not equal frump. 
Mom's are tired. And the last thing we want to spend time on is to figure out how to fit our newly sagging bodies into trousers again. 
But if you can find a new fit that works, don't totally give up either. 

Rule #9 – You can show off your personality without looking crazy. 
Add something that is your own. If you're into vintage brooches, add those in. 
or Hermes scarves or crazy socks. But don't do the whole outfit, just a small thing. 

Can you think of any rules we missed?
Stacy would be proud. 

Clinton Kelly Says He 'Despised' His 'What Not To Wear' Co-Host ...


Stay safe, sane, and healthy... and looking good. :)
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Chicken Roma

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!