COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 107

Day six. 
Down another 2/10ths of a pound. 

------------Breakfast ----------------------------------------

Wanting to repeat yesterday's outdoor breakfast I walked to the door with my cheerios and coffee
only to discover that it had rained and my seat was wet. 

I opened the doors to let in the breeze and sat on the couch, choosing a new book to read. 
I finally picked another Ruth Reichl book Save me the Plums. 

After breakfast, I decided to do Tai Chi inside. That went fairly well except the oven guy showed up and had
questions, so it took longer than Id like to get him settled. 
Turns out I ordered white console for my white oven, but they gave me black. I said put her in, I want my oven back!
It actually looks pretty cool. And it works. woohoo!

After tai chi, I wandered out to the garden. By then it was so humid you could drink the air. 
But I weeded anyway. 
Good thing I did, the morning glory is a gorgeous plant, but it wants to take over the garden. You have to cut the vine and carefully
unwind the vine from other things like your onions you spent 4 months cultivating from scraps. Otherwise it cuts the plant its wound
around as you pull it.  Good times. 

I cut down the daffodill and cleaned up so now the garden looks good again. Daffodil was laying down and turning to brown mush. 

After that I pulled today's raspberries and went inside to cook. 

-----------Lunch --------------------------------------------

Son and I wanted cheeseburgers so I made a couple. With that I had a peach and we both had cucumbers. 

Then... the baking began. 

The bananas had been ripening and were at peak for banana bread, so those went in first. I made them in my 4 loaf mold so I ended up with 
four loaves instead of only 1 loaf. This makes it easier to give away. I got a good photo of that one. 

Then I made brownies, but they turned out dry. I later discovered if I add less flour and one more egg yolk they may turn out better. 
Got a good photo at least. 

Then son wanted chocolate chip cookies I was planning to make up north, so I made those. (I can get more choc chips when I get up there I guess)
By then I was tired so I let the goodies cool while I made dinner. 


-----------Dinner --------------------------------------------
Shortly after turning off the oven I realized I planned to make sweet potato casserole. 
Minus the crust this is really like a sweet potato pie with a pecan pie topping. It comes from the boston market copycat recipe. 

So I turned the oven back on. 

I made the trout i got from Imperfect foods. It wasnt as fatty as the fish we get up north from the trout farm, but it was pretty good. 
I got to use my herbs in the garden to make it. 

I also made these almond brussels sprouts. You slice them, cook in browned butter, add sliced almonds and touch of almond extract. 
I added too much salt or they wouldve been better. 

-----------Exercise ------------------------------------------
Tai chi was enough. It wears you out more than you'd think!
Besides its too hot to walk the dog. 
------------------------------------------------------------

How do I feel?

Happy to have my oven back. Frustrated by dumb things I did like dropping the window cleaner and knocking off the spray top, so when I tried to put it 
back on, I sprayed my shirt. 

(rolls eyes)

And my son is talking through every second sentence on any given tv show. I'm about to lose it. 
Pray for my sanity. 

Stay safe, sane, and healthy!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Chicken Roma

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!