Shopping the Fridge: Scallops, risotto, and zucchini with Sourdough biscuits

 Today was Scallop day. 

Scallops are good with Risotto. I only had maybe a cup of the rice left, so I made do.  I chopped up half an onion and added both oil and butter to cook the rice in.


Next I used up my sourdough discard by making sourdough biscuits. Basic biscuits but instead of milk use discarded sourdough starter. 


Meanwhile, I cooked scallops and zucchini in butter. 

And finally the biscuits are done. With some raspberry jam they are the BOMB.



I also ran through my inventory of meats, since I do sort of a Fibonacci spiral, starting with meat and veg, then adding starch, fruit, dairy, drinks and finally non-food as I make my grocery list. 

Each day find the meat you want to make, (you can sub a non meat protein here if you want), figure what veg goes with it typically, and build from there. 

My freezer is now only 2/3 full downstairs and my fridge freezer is only half full.
Getting closer to my goal of using everything up!

Stay tuned for another episode of Shopping the Fridge, tomorrow!

Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138