Shopping the Fridge :Beef Stroganoff

 Starting to see the inside of the fridge again!

I needed to get some green leafy in me, so I knew I'd be making asparagus, at least. 
I had some mushrooms and some hamburger so I decided to make Beef Stroganoff. 

There's some chopping involved, I wont lie. 

Mushrooms
Onions
Butter cut into cubes
Cook them with some garlic

Add beef stock. I had chicken so I used that instead. And some worcestershire sauce. 
You put in 1 cup and cook, then add 1/4 c flour plus 1/2 c broth mixed together to get a gravy. 

Adding the sour cream. Lots of it!
I added some paprika to give it a better color, since I had the chicken instead of the beef stock.

The asparagus was snapped , then cut into thirds. I just cooked them in butter until they turned an even darker green but before they got soggy. 

The result was YUMMY. 
Hubby didnt like all the onions, so next time I might use half and cut them smaller. 

See you later for another episode of Shopping the Fridge!
Vicky

PS here is the recipe. 

Beef Stroganoff

Serves:

 

Prep Time: 

 

Total Time: 

 

Calories per Serving:

 

Allergens:

 

Season:

Fall

 

Mise en Place:

        

Ingredients:

1 ½ pounds beef sirloin steak, 1/2-inch-thick or Hamburger

8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 1/2 cups)

2 medium onions, thinly sliced

1 garlic clove, finely chopped

¼ cup butter or margarine

1 ½ cups beef stock

½ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

¼ cup all-purpose flour

1 ½ cups sour cream

1 Tbsp Paprika

3 cups hot cooked egg noodles

Directions

  1. Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch strips, if using steak.
  2. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
  3. Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
  4. Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Add Paprika and stir. Serve over noodles.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138