Shopping the Fridge: Salmon, Broccoli, and Rice Pilaf

 


Let me take you down the rabbit hole of my mind for a moment. 

So today was Salmon Teriyaki day. Until I muttered about my Cookery class cookbook only had French sauces and why was I looking for a Japanese sauce .... then I realized hubby didnt want teriyaki sauce. Plan B was to sprinkle it with this citrusy blend that I had .... somewhere... and cook it in lots of butter. 

Butter burns and I tend to cook things too hot. The fire alarm agreed. (Shhh, Mom.)  After fanning the smoke alarm and dumping the burned butter, I lowered the temp and made the second fillet (see pic above). 

I knew I was going to make rice pilaf from the same class so I searched my cookbook library, thinking I had translated these to online docs. No. 

So then i went in search of the binder we kept with recipes, looking for the rice pilaf recipe. No. 

Finally i looked for my "cookery" cookbook. I discovered the class was called cookery but not the cookbook, which was actually On Cooking. Sigh. But I found it!

And I forgot how good it was! 

So now I'm sitting here realizing I have a bunch of recipes in a $200 book that I rarely look at because I forget whats in it. 

So I start making an index of whats in teh book, then I realize that there was a recipe list in the book at teh front. 

So you wonder what I spend my time on? Well that's the kind of thing. :)

I'll be indexing my On cooking book now so I can find things quicker. Thankyou. 

Have a good night!

Vicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!