Shopping the Fridge: Sausage Sandwiches

So lately I've been watching Youtube videos on the TRY channel, where Irish people try American foods. I get such a kick out of their reactions. 
Anyway they tried Five Guys Burgers, fries, and hotdogs, and saw how much they liked the hot dogs that are cooked split on a bun. 

This is my attempt at doing something similar with Italian sausage. 
I squashed down the sausage so the curved side would be up and split it: 


Then I fried them in some olive oil spray. It doesnt need much because the sausage is fatty. 

I didnt realize until now how much they looked like tongues. Ew. 

This is them cooked. 

But what goes with sausage sandwiches? Why leftover peppers of course. 

This is a red pepper with it's baby, a green pepper. It was inside when I cut the pepper!


These got cut into little strips:

I did onions the same way but the picture got deleted. But I mean its a small onion, so , you probably have seen one or two of those in your lifetime. :)


Heres evidence. I cooked these in the grease from the sausages and covered them since wet vegs give off water, it would steam them done faster. 


Now for ingenuity, I had some leftover broasted potatoes. So I just added some more butter (because who doesnt love butter) and crisped them up. This totally works if you have leftover Chicken Shack potatoes. Do not throw them out!


Finally, mine was done. There's some cut up cucumbers on the side. And I added a slice of baby swiss because IMHO it belongs on a sandwich. Oh we also had coleslaw left from Chicken Shack (howd that even happen?)

Here's hubby's by comparison, no cheese. We used regular toast because my attempt to make the pizza dough into hot dog buns just didnt work AT ALL. 


Hope you're enjoying my Shopping the Fridge episodes. 

More cooking tomorrow!

Vicky

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138