Now its the COVID-25.

 



I'll get back to the motivational posters later. This one feels more appropriate today. Cake anyone?

This is where I am today. Its looking like April 10th is my new goal to lose .... not 19 but 25.4 lbs. It sure isn't easy losing weight. It's much easier passing by the oreos 6 times a day and eating some each trip. Then having cheese and nuts, then having fruit... you get the idea.

What I've learned so far: 

  • I have to write down what I eat because I am a terrible judge of when to stop
  • I have to plan 3 meals and 2 snacks, then stop
  • I need to keep water next to me at all times, especially now that the furnace is on
  • I have to plan and actually do an activity every day
  • I need to do one chore a day, or the house gets out of control, adding to my stress, causing me to eat
  • I have to let the independent streak both kids are in just BE, so I can exist here too and not grind my teeth to powder, and also not eat my feelings
  • If I have a goal when baking, for who to give it away to, I can just have one
  • I need an activity that I can do on my down time that is not conducive to eating while doing it, (reading probably fits this)
  • It's not a diet. I have to keep going after I've lost the goal weight. Just make a new plan to maintain
  • Being able to hide at home sure makes it easy to just EAT
I can't keep blaming COVID. But all the changes in my life at once definitely was a trigger.

Now. 
To count my blessings: 
  1. I havent lost my belongings to flood
  2. I havent lost power for days on end, thus losing my food
  3. I have heat 
  4. I was fairly successful in my gardening
  5. I was able to make some pretty sweet vegan cookies
  6. I got to see almost all my friends around my birthday
  7. I get to continue martial arts AND I get to take a culinary class
  8. My family still all lives with me
  9. I have an awesome husband
  10. I dont have migraines or other ailments
There are many more. I'm a lucky girl. 
Now if I could just lose this weight I would like myself just a bit more. 

Off to try, try again.
V.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138