Making up recipes

 Jan 24: 

Sort of like hacking code or looking at scrapbook ideas before embarking on your own pages, I've been studying how to put together plated desserts for my class. I have an assignment and a final exam in the next few weeks entailing 10 different desserts!

I have created them all on paper, but am trying out the final exam this weekend, so I have plenty of time to change it if need be. 

Jan 28 update: 

Finally got the cranberries delivered and changed my mind about the type of frozen dessert, meaning i need to get some mascarpone cheese. We wait some more. 

Jan 31 update: 

I ended up with a recipes that calls for whipped cream instead of mascarpone cheese. You literally just pour heavy whipping cream in the mixer and whip it on high. I already had that. 

I ended up with this: 



Pear ginger cake with vanilla pastry cream fill, cranberry lime semifreddo, almond thyme orange tuile cookie,, a pear caramel swish and an almond crunch around the outside.


So here were the requirements, what would you make?

Compose 10 desserts: 

  • Use these 8 categories when making your plans: frozen, hot, custard, chocolate, fruit, cheese, nut, and vegetable based desserts. 
  • Use these elements when making your desserts, each must have a main dessert, sauce, edible crunch, fruit component, and edible decoration
  • Consider one theme, choose a season, choose a restaurant type (Italian, French, etc), flavors, a light dessert option, citrus dessert option, an in season fruit, and crunch
  • One of them must contain: pears, caramel, cranberries, almonds, thyme, and a custard. 

Let me know what you'd come up with!

Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138