Kinkos

 It's been 29 years since I've been in college.

That being said, my printer is out of ink and my class starts tomorrow. I need essential printouts like recipes. I had ordered ink but wont be in until Saturday. And it wont print even B/W if I dont have yellow for some reason.
So.
I'm gonna show my age here.
I looked up Kinkos.
It was what I used back when I was in college.
They have them but they are now owned by FedEx so you just have to find a building with FedEx.
Last time I printed something at Kinkos I brought a floppy disc.
So I called, can I bring a USB thumb drive and you can print it from there? Yes!
I went. I didnt know exactly where the place was but it turns out it was on Main street. A few things struck me. Since I've been in downtown, they put up 3 new buildings and a lot of little igloos. I parked around the corner, paid my quarter, and looked around. Only one store I remembered. Keep in mind I was in downtown in 2018 summer, last.
In I go, and stand in line, but realized what I needed to do was walk up to the printer and do my thing. I pardoned myself from the line and plugged in my thumb drive. Scanned my credit card.
The machine got stuck on previewing the first document, so the lady who works there unplugged it, replugged it and sent me to another machine.
This time it worked. I printed all my documents, glancing around and remembering when we would go do our prints, then get ice cream and walk around campus. I miss that. I miss my friends.
I went back home to organize my printouts for class tomorrow.
What a strange experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138