Math and Diet, two four letter words.

 For some reason it occurred to me to figure out the percentages. If this doesnt interest you, skip to the end where I give you my new and improved plan. :)

I started with a goal weight and weighed myself this morning.
The "loseit.com" site will tell you how many calories you can have per day to lose x amount per week to get to that goal. 

The longer you do this, you can see your pattern. Yep that is generally going up slowly. Not the way I wanted it to go. 


So then knowing the amount of calories I Need, what should I be eating? Like how much fruit?
This will be up for debate depending on what diet plan you follow, but I got to the Choosemyplate.gov and generally followed those percentages. 

What made sense to me comparing this to a higher protein content and lower fruit (in keeping with both the Less Carb idea and More Protein idea) I was able to come up with this: (See the percent of calories for each food group is multiplied by the number of calories allowed for the day per food group in yellow)


This gave me about how many calories I could eat for each food group and attempt to be healthy. 

Then I made an list of the items I tend to eat the most, starting with fruit and veg, protein, grains, dairy, then the extras. So if you are like me and read left to right, you can fill up on fruit and vegs first. Or at least thats the theory. 

This was eye opening, finding the calories of things I love to eat. I was amazed at the calories in avocados. Or even cheddar vs fontina cheeses. 

In the end I ate what i had at home but it gave me a guide. I got to the end of the day and used up the calories I wanted to, with a bit to spare. 

I forced myself to walk the dog for exercise. He can be obnoxious if you dont so it was doubly a good idea. 

All that to give you an idea of today's food: 

Veg; Onions, cucumber, peppers
Fruit: 1 big orange, navel
Protein/dairy: egg, beef broth, gruyere cheese , sausage
Grain: 1 pc baguette slice, 2/3 c noodles
Extras: coffee with sugar and almond milk, olive oil, a bit of butter for cooking

In the form of meals: 

Breaky: 1 egg, coffee 
Lunch: 1 bowl French onion soup with 1 baguette /gruyere crouton
Snack: Orange
Dinner: sausage, onion, pepper stir fried, noodles, cucumbers

I'm keeping my mind busy now so I don't eat out of boredom or any other bad feelings. So far I've played FB games, watched an episode of GBBS, did my homework and took this week's quiz for breads class. After this GBBS is over I need to send myself to bed. 

Hope your diet is going well, my friends. 

At very least be proud of what you've done today. 

Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!